USD forks, which is best ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
This mod fever is never ending:angry teeth::
What do fellow maxers that have USD forks say about this mod? is it a huge noticeable difference from a stock setting with racetech springs & emulators?
The one exactrep has seems complete and direct bolt on
Has anyone tried it? what are the other options?
Thanks

________
Honda VF1000F

Last edited:
Just fitted an Ohlins front end to my Max and it is excellent. Far more solid. Bolts straight on and around $3000 US. Don`t know where you`d get one in the USA. Comes with forks, yokes, brake brackets, R1 mudguard etc etc totally plug and play !

3000 for the Ohlins sounds pretty good...Moto-boutique has them but don't know what he is asking...I've got a custom Hayabusa set up w OTEC yokes busa extended forks, race tech valves, hyperpro springs..don't forget you have to change a lot of other stuff at the same time to get this to work = $$$

I have a set of 1998 GSXR 1100 front forks mounted to my Max. I was real lucky and was able to buy the entire front end all at once. The only thing I needed to bolt them on was a custom made triple tree that had a 2" drop down. All the stock handlebar, light and brake brakests and mounts bolted right on. BUT you MUST upgrade the springs to handle the etxra weight of the Max. If you don't you will never be able to dial them in, they will either be to stiff of to soft.

Also remember you will now have to mount radial tires to the back, and paint the front fender and and and .......... get my point!

There a vendor, I think it might be Exactrep, that sells a complete USD front end for the VMax. It has the correct spring rate, triple tree, everything, you just bolt it on.

i talked to J.A.I. over at motoboutique and he qouted me tentativly $1300-1500 for the complete front end. thats otec triples and USED forks etc... he said price depended on how much he has to pay for the forks and such. I want the oversize front otec triple trees and the biggest forks i can have. tire size to stay some or slightly bigger. it would give my max the bulldog front end i like. but thats alot of money. right now i have progressice front and they do fine for now. (till i raise that money lol).

Back