Just RAPED me an M109R

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they look good when you first see them in the brochures... at least i thought so. started doing some reading and messed with one at the local dealer. i cant stand how they feel. just too big, foot controls dont make any sense for a "muscle cruiser". i'd much rather have a Vrod Night Rod. it's unfortunate that nowadays the idea of a "muscle cruiser" is drag bars, fat rear tire, forward controls, fat tank, fat exhaust pipe covers, tons of chrome, and very poor horsepower compaired to how many CC's they use.

Dont be too cocky,

at the track i see them beat the max all day long. they are doing high 10s and low 11s.

they are hideous though

I find that hard to believe. Are these bikes blown or turbo'd? How in the world could someone get that thing to run 10's without some major work?

I've heard the same thing... that it doesn't take much to make them become quite fast at the drag strip.

I find that hard to believe. Are these bikes blown or turbo'd? How in the world could someone get that thing to run 10's without some major work?

Nothing but an exhaust and new computer/cdi or whatever they have.

I know a guy who had one with those basic mods and it was around 135hp, cant remember the tq number. I will get his numbers

I have a 1500 tourmaster and he was even with me through 3rd gear. I run a 10.4 quarter

wasnt there a guy on here talking smack about his m109 could spank the max, and he was looking for someone to race.

A couple of Hayabusa guys might disagree

Is it true that Suzuki mount their mirrors the other way around so the rider can see what's in front of them rather than behind because nothing ever is?

forgot about the b-king ? the true vmax killer ?

who makes that one ??? oh yeah suzuki also

apples to apples / oranges to oranges / mod for mod

r1 vs gsxr1000 / vmax vs b-king / m109r vs warrior

yamaha has no answer to the busa

The guy I bought my Max from had just picked up a 109. He told me
straight up the max would dust his 109. He let me set on his bike,
DAMN !!! that thing is huge. Like stradling a VW.

A couple of Hayabusa guys might disagree

I've never had to turn my mirrors around. But you guys are right, most Vmaxs should kill most 109s. And the 109s are to big, IMO.
IMG_5189.jpg

I've never had to turn my mirrors around. But you guys are right, most Vmaxs should kill most 109s. And the 109s are to big, IMO.
IMG_5189.jpg

I recognize that gauge cluster! :punk::rocket bike:

Going stock to stock, good to know Vmax is still king. Not to mention it has like 500 less cc's of displacement, carb'd instead of FI, and is nearly 25 years old and it still rapes the best "muscle cruisers" out there.

Good thing, since one of my buddies is already talking smack about how when he buys a 109 next season my Max won't have a chance(he's pissed that I walk away from his 1100 Shadow like it was a minibike)

True enough eh bro!! My poor underpowered, weak running, no NOS, naturally aspirated SnowMax would never ever be able to beat up on that bike.......DAMN I KILL MYSELF SOME DAYS LOL:rofl_200: I don't even notice the M109R, would have to take a picture of the front of my bike to give to the owners, it would be the only time they saw it LOL......

Better get all the bugs out before writing any cheques! LOL!

Blaine

Unless ANYBODIES V-twin is completely stoked, they don't have enough power to get out of their own way, compared to a V-4. A V45 Magna could out run 90% of them.

My V30 Magna would run away from most of them. I took at 96 inch fatboy up to about 80mph when it finally farted by.

It was a fast bike off the line, geared pretty low, plus it was really light. It was pretty much tapped out by 110 or so, but it surprised a lot of big twins around town.

Reality Check---

Heavy V-twins w/ huge tourqe @ low RPM's..great for comfort & pulling stumps.

In-lines, need rpm's to make high tourqe & HP,,but watch out when they get wound up!!!

Vmax..:)))))) best of both worlds!! ( Gen 1's exempt, haven't sorted that duck out yet..lol )

Iv'e had'em all to a limited degree, and I'm tellin ya...know what ya have,,,enjoy your victories,,,but don't get wood when your chainsaw bucks up more logs than someones swiss army knife...

My max takes off like a scolded dog and has a decent top end for a 26 yr old scooter,,,but I know what I got and I know that no matter what I buy or how much I put into it..there will always be someone who has something that goes faster or rides better..

No offense meant to anyone..just a reality check.

Shorthair888.................

Reality Check---

..No offense meant to anyone..just a reality check.

Shorthair888.................

No worries...some of us need that! My Bandit has an inline-4 and makes 80 ft/lbs at 3700 rpm so I don't have to wind it...but with only 105 HP to the back tire a 600 crotch rocket would smoke it up top.

Speaking of reality checks, there were a couple of VMax drag days at St. Thomas in the past. If I recall correctly, the times for Gen-1's at St. Thomas were in the low 12's to mid-11's. Comparing the St. Thomas numbers to the 11.8 in the above video it is quite possible that the M109R would win in a few instances vs the VMax.

Blaine

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back