shock mount tap size?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfunster

Reaction score
Does anyone know what metric tap size is needed to get the shock mount from my Vmax to go into a 1999 Venture final drive. I tried to find a 86-93 Venture final drive to no avail, so I'll have to drill and tap the shock mount on this one. Thanks,

Just in case anyone is interested, the tap size is a M10 x 1.25 The hole also needs to be counterbored about .854 deep at a .550 dia. to recess the shoulder bolt that threads into it.

Last edited:
Thanks, this should help a few guys who want to convert over.

Sean

I bought a 1990 Venture Royale VZX 1300 final drive and the shock mount hole is there, and even appears to be threaded. I bought a shock stud for the VMax and it is way too small to use(on the end that should thread in there). Am I supposed to buy a different shock stud? Everything else fit up perfectly.
Sean, I went ahead and put new seals in the diff (per your instructions). Wasn't that bad a job.
Also went ahead and put new seals and bearings in the rear wheel.
thanks,
Smackdown

I bought a 1990 Venture Royale VZX 1300 final drive and the shock mount hole is there, and even appears to be threaded. I bought a shock stud for the VMax and it is way too small to use(on the end that should thread in there). Am I supposed to buy a different shock stud? Everything else fit up perfectly.
Sean, I went ahead and put new seals in the diff (per your instructions). Wasn't that bad a job.
Also went ahead and put new seals and bearings in the rear wheel.
thanks,
Smackdown
I have an 93(? or something) venture rear diff and it was
no hole neither stud. I needed to drill the hole and tap it myself.

In your case someone must repair that shock mount hole by reboring and rethreading it to the bigger size. Propably M12.
You need a custom stud buddy .

Latest posts

Back