Another Thanks to PATMAX!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLKMAX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you thought PATMAX only did powder coat. I always wanted to polish a set of scoops. Got a set from PATMAX that were professionally prepped and a beauty to behold I got my grimy hands on them. Anyways, here's what they looked like before and after. I'm sure PATMAX spent as much time and labor prepping as I did polishing.
P4071249.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can I send you my scoops for polishing? They look great! :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dang, I want my scoops back !!!
Great job J. I know you put great effort into these and you should be rightfully proud of your accomplishment! That's gonna get some attention this summer. Keep em waxed and they'll stay nice between polishes but you have already whipped the hard part.
Awesome.

Almost forgot. Don't leave the back sides raw. Spray some clear or something on the entire backside. Eastwood makes a good aerosol clear just for that. Painting in the YAMAHA is good too both visually and protectively.

Pat how would a clear coat powder coat work over polished aluminum?? I like the look of polished aluminum over chrome for some reason lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well, clear powder does go on clear and it could probably get away with the lightest of coverage but the one caveat is, powder loves to have some kind of "bite" or a roughed surface to grab onto. While it would be super smooth and seal the entire piece from the elements, it may not stick as intended or be resistant to rock chips, peeling etc. I have no problem trying it but if it did not work out , one must chemically strip the whole thing. My suggestion is to have it sprayed with an automotive clear. If you got a shop you deal with , they spray clear everyday and would probably throw on two coats front and back for $15-20'bucks. Hope that helps!

Pat...it should be fine...I've powdered lots of real chrome with zero issues...they key, as you mentioned, is to wrap the part.

My earlier post was actually suggesting a clear PC...It would just keep the peice nice with zero maintenance...

Back