Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

I am new hire and want to introduce my self, my name is Przemek, I live in west Chicago area, and I own 2006 V max. Really like the bike!
My brother has one also, thats why I ended with one:biglaugh:

My upgrades so far
70w bi xenon HID light
Custom Dynamic LED turn signals with rear Run-Stop-Turn function
Led taillight bulbs
Kuryakyn black grips
kuryakyn scythe black mirrors

looking for full exhaust and some performance, carbs upgrade:eusa_dance:

pic attached when I pickup my bike from dealer. Will get them upgraded soon.

Attachments

• VP3422282_1_large.jpg
    VP3422282_1_large.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 30
Hello

I am new hire and want to introduce my self, my name is Przemek, I live in west Chicago area, and I own 2006 V max. Really like the bike!
My brother has one also, thats why I ended with one:biglaugh:

My upgrades so far
70w bi xenon HID light
Custom Dynamic LED turn signals with rear Run-Stop-Turn function
Led taillight bulbs
Kuryakyn black grips
kuryakyn scythe black mirrors

looking for full exhaust and some performance, carbs upgrade:eusa_dance:

pic attached when I pickup my bike from dealer. Will get them upgraded soon.

another przemek! oh boy! welcome!

Hello new member from Toronto Can. Just bought a 03 max last month from Windsor (on Detroit border) and rode it home 3 hours in -2 weather lol I really wanted to own a Vmax! Now tht it's home I am finding oil seeping from the head gaskets... Bought new ones and tried lifting the bike but the exhaust is below the frame so I am afraid to lift the bike using the exhaust as support..There was one member who did it although I was hoping to get better odds before I gave it a shot

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, and this place has LOTS of info, and some of the nicest people that i know.

New VMax owner .... I've had some fun bikes over the years, from my Suzuki M109 to a couple of very loved Triumph Rocket III.
An '07 VMax is now on the list. Moving out of the country this summer though, so I guess I won't have her too long .. can't take her with me. She'll be fun while I have her. I big departure from that monster Triumph, but I can tell she'll be a fun bike.

JT

New VMax owner .... I've had some fun bikes over the years, from my Suzuki M109 to a couple of very loved Triumph Rocket III.
An '07 VMax is now on the list. Moving out of the country this summer though, so I guess I won't have her too long .. can't take her with me. She'll be fun while I have her. I big departure from that monster Triumph, but I can tell she'll be a fun bike.

JT

Welcome to the forums! I'm a big fan of that Rocket III -- love the look of that bike! Love Triumphs almost as much as I love a VMax... almost.

Hey all, glad to be here. Picked up my first vmax from classifieds at work. The seller wasn't very tech savvy (had no idea about the dynojet... Said he always took it to dealer for work) and bought it how it sits from someone in PA after college a couple years ago. Anyways it's an 06 and has a few mods. From lurking here as far as I can tell the mods are a supertrapp slip on kit (maybe full exhaust?), dynojet stage 7, some sort of vboost toggle (up position activates it at 3k, maybe lower, basically right away... can't tell what down and middle positions do...) and it has an HID lowbeam/halogen high beam kit (had to sort a loose wire before taking it in to pass inspection).

She's got a few miles (20.5k) but runs like a champ. Those upper rpm's, oh my... Had a vfr1200 before and a couple Harley's and this pup feels every bit as quick as the VFR did(until triple digits... Haven't had the nuts to keep this engine spinning so fast for too long! Could use a 6th gear haha!)

So... That's it! Again, glad to be here, hope to learn lots more and I will probably change all fluids/filters one of these weekends for peace of mind.

Take care, all!

JT

Welcome aboard. Whatever you need vmax wise do not hesitate to ask...

Hey all, glad to be here. Picked up my first vmax from classifieds at work. The seller wasn't very tech savvy (had no idea about the dynojet... Said he always took it to dealer for work) and bought it how it sits from someone in PA after college a couple years ago. Anyways it's an 06 and has a few mods. From lurking here as far as I can tell the mods are a supertrapp slip on kit (maybe full exhaust?), dynojet stage 7, some sort of vboost toggle (up position activates it at 3k, maybe lower, basically right away... can't tell what down and middle positions do...) and it has an HID lowbeam/halogen high beam kit (had to sort a loose wire before taking it in to pass inspection).

She's got a few miles (20.5k) but runs like a champ. Those upper rpm's, oh my... Had a vfr1200 before and a couple Harley's and this pup feels every bit as quick as the VFR did(until triple digits... Haven't had the nuts to keep this engine spinning so fast for too long! Could use a 6th gear haha!)

So... That's it! Again, glad to be here, hope to learn lots more and I will probably change all fluids/filters one of these weekends for peace of mind.

Take care, all!

That toggle switch sounds like a t-boost switch, of it's 3 position then it's probably something like

Position 1: v-boost @ 3k rpm
Position 2: v-boost @ 6k rpm(factory setting)
Position 3: v-boost off (to save fuel)

But that's just a guess, it could be some other variation, depending on how it's wired up.
Welcome to the forum!

That toggle switch sounds like a t-boost switch, of it's 3 position then it's probably something like

Position 1: v-boost @ 3k rpm
Position 2: v-boost @ 6k rpm(factory setting)
Position 3: v-boost off (to save fuel)

But that's just a guess, it could be some other variation, depending on how it's wired up.
Welcome to the forum!

That makes sense, I'll test it out tmw!

Hi all. I had my yellow 94 for 10ish years. Oh the stories I have :rofl_200: I sold it a few months ago to a friend, so I can still get my hands on it anytime I want to play.

Looking heavily at a genII. That's why I'm here, to check out how the new ones are holding up.

Greetings all! I've been lurking as a member for a few months but today is the day, my new-to-me VMax is sitting in my garage!!! This bike has a good history and now it gets to start a new history with me.

It's a 1985 Canadian model with 37,628 km on it. My father-in-law has decided to stop driving and said he'd rather I have it than sell it to someone who won't appreciate it. :eusa_dance:

Now the challenging parts; it hasn't been driven or maintained since 1996 and when it was stored the carb was starting to act up, and when he tried to start it recently the v-boost didn't cycle. Other than that I will have to check the fuel tank because it was never fixed or replaced. He did have the transmission rebuilt a number of years ago.

I am planning on doing most/all the work myself and bought Damon's videos to help me through the carb rebuild process. I expect to do all the fluids, do the wire harness fix, fuel tank and carb tear-down, clean and rebuild.

Question: does anyone know of a place in the Denver area where I can have the fuel tank cleaned and coated?

He had built a rack on the back to haul stuff around, and even went so far to add a hitch to tow his 12' sailboat with the VMax. A cop pulled him over once and tried to write a ticket for towing something with a motorbike, but couldn't find any law against it. :punk:

I've attached a few pics of it sitting quietly in my garage.

I'm looking forward to being part of the forum and to getting my "new" bike ready to ride!

Percy

Attachments

• 2014-04-29 20.09.23.jpg
    2014-04-29 20.09.23.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 2014-04-29 20.09.38.jpg
    2014-04-29 20.09.38.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 26
That's pretty awesome. Can you post more pics of the airbox cover? It looks sweet.

OH, and welcome to the forum. You'll get plenty of help here as you have already learned, I'm sure. I've coated a couple tanks at home with Red Kote. Some guys like POR-15, and some like the Eastwood system or KREEM. If you're worried about it, you might just go ahead and get a new tank and take care to keep it full of fresh gas. That's the biggest problem now with the ethanol sucking water out of any air space and causing problems.

Back