Shorai Batteries

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First I've seen of these batteries Rusty. The Standard Shorai Recommendation for the V-Max is the: LFX18L1-BS12
but with a MSRP of $186.95 , I'm leaning more towards the Odysey PC 680 at around $115 (last time I checked) when I replace my stock battery ... probably this spring. Don't think a "lighter " battery would be that much of a weight reduction on a already heavy V-Max IMO.

Odyssey has proven to me that it's the way to go. Weight disadvantage or not, it's never let me down. Now if I can justify one in the 89.. The stock battery there, barely turns the engine when cold. But it starts as soon as it gets past the first compression stroke... Amazingly... Warm engine is a little more iffy.

I put one of these in my Max, I picked it up from the local ducati parts dealer that hooked me up with a "used" one for $100 that someone installed for less than a week then sold their bike and returned it, plus I get both the dealer and manufacturer warranty. Better cranking amps and starts every time without fail, plus the battery weighs almost nothing.

Ive got one in my bike and i love it! Zero problems. Yes the price is steep but in the end your shaving off 10 lbs worth of weight.

Don't be to fixed on the price. Here on Guam I had to pay$189 for a stock battery for my max last summer. Just in comparison, an auto dry cell type battery here costs almost $300. I can't wait until I get back to the land of reasonable prices and good shipping.

I could shave 10 pounds off my VMax's total weight by laying off the beer and chicken wings for a few weeks....

More than 2 years with a shorai and never even needed a charge. Price is high but I could get any maintenance free here.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

i have 2 in my raptors and i like them. ive left they key on before and drained them but all it takes is a jump and theyre good. they work with almost no charge in them

Don't think a "lighter " battery would be that much of a weight reduction on a already heavy V-Max IMO.

ANY weight reduction is good, and if you do wish to shave lbs off the bike, then it makes sense to explore every option.

I've heard good things about this battery. Is it the same physical dimensions as the stock battery? That is important to me. (Had tried getting one that was not the same fit in, and it just was not goin in)

2/3 the dimensions of the factory battery, just cut the foam provided to fit on the bottom and sides of the battery and it'll be snug in the factory battery box.

I've had them is several bikes including the V-Max with no issues. The first time I ordered one I thought the box was empty. I shopped around and got one for the V-Max for $150 which was less that the cost of OEM replacement from the local dealer.

Latest posts

Back