Thanks to Sean Morley

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modnrod

Reaction score
I've emailed him a while ago, but more good publicity can't hurt!

My '87 had been down for years. I needed parts to fix 2nd gear, then more parts (it had been hard raced in Japan........), then more parts, etc, etc, etc. Sean was always there with bits or advice, but really the bike ended up just gaving me the shits with constant work needed so it sat about for years.

I was recovering from illness recently, and couldn't do much more than sit down all day, but after watching U-tubes of bikes, then all the pics on Sean's site, I got enthusiastic to sit down all day in front of the Vmax.........with a screwdriver, and a few spanners, and after a few long months it went again.

I just got back from our biggest local drag meet. It's better to be lucky than good, unfortunately this meet for me had neither! :rofl_200:
Still, the bike surpassed my expectations, so I thought I'd share now that there is one more big old grumpy Vmax rolling around. It is completely stock apart from a (not-very-well-flowing) custom 4-1. The pipes are literally just put into a short 4-1 collector, then 2.1/4" short single pipe out through a shortened Yoshi can, you can see it on the pic. No regard given to performance at all, but I can remove it in under 5mins, and it sounds excellent, so that's why it's bolted up to the bike.

Standard height, no straps, V-boost wired up all the time but standard airbox and filter (Sean's air correctors for my pods are still in the box).

I reckon 11.415 is a pretty good result given the air temps and a slight crosswind, but especially given my lack of practise!

So thanks again Sean for the oil pump upgrade (no oil light flashing down the track at all, ever), 'Busa caliper (I had to go stock or face tech inspection, so it's off at the moment) for my 320mm rotor, the little bits and pieces and the advice. It's all good.

Attachments

• Vmax 11.415 002.JPG
    Vmax 11.415 002.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 141
  • timecard.JPG
    timecard.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 88
Nice, you've a good starting point

and I like where you have your mirrors, not sure it'll work with my clip-ons but you've got me thinking...

PS: your front fender is on back to front

I know the front guard is on backwards, I prefer the looks that way. A CB900 Honda guard looks OK too.

I drilled a small 7mm hole in the scoop for the peep mirror and used a long bolt, rear vision is fine, but if I did it again I would re-drill towards the outside of the scoop for better vision. Having the mirror there doesn't screw up the lines of the Ness risers and the flat bars. If you have clip-ons, maybe mount a peep mirror off the side instead if you like the looks?

The starting point is where it's staying, I'm happy keeping it stock. It's a nice street cruiser as it is. I've got a GSXR oiler motor in a stripped EFE frame nearly finished for the track.

The bike looks good. You have a lot of original idea's. Those times are good too:punk:

Not a bad time at all! Most guys struggle to get into the 11's so you're way ahead already!

You held him solid to a little past the 1/8'th, good run bud! If that's you out of practice then your a hell of a good rider, very good job on your end and the bike runs great!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Back