Bummer to a beautiful day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I pulled the tank & it's rusted to hell, will be ordering a new one from boat.net tonight and picking up the fuel pump from Kyle tomorrow.

I wished the hell I looked in there when I had the bike apart, just didn't think about it. I guess, oh well Ill make the best of it and do a few mods that I had planned for her.

- rear brake bracket
- knock off wave rotor to match the front
- SS throttle cables
- taking out the st 1 carbs & installing st 7
-replacing a cracked carb intake, that I cracked & repaired with JB weld
- tiding up some wiring in the rear that Patmax made me aware of
- V4 carb covers
- cop brackets
- dyna 3000
- LED accent lighting

That should keep me busy

Edit: I will be picking up my trailer this weekend, so I'll be joining the roadside assistance program for central Florida, because I know how it feels to be stranded.

Last edited:
They are a Yamaha boat / motor dealer but have access to Yamaha parts so sell anything Yamaha has a parts book for. They drop ship only and do not stock any parts other than boat related. Kind of a freebee for them and helpful to us.

K&N Yamaha in Tulsa OK used to have the best prices on the net but haven't used them in a while so don't know if they still do. Have to tell them you are a member of his forum or VMOA to get the discount which is 25% over actual cost. Their online prices DO NOT reflect the discount. Have to call or email their parts guy. Used to be Tyler McDonald.

What is cool about K&N is they advertise as being the oldest continuously operating Yamaha dealer in the US. They have a warehouse full of old OEM parts. One of my friends got a NOS 1971 Yamaha XS650 headlight from them a couple years ago. You should have seen the box! :rofl_200: It was almost disintegrated. The headlight was fine though.

Picked up a used shoreland'r 4x8 trailer Friday $600. On the way home trailer harness shorted out, no biggie I have plenty of wire laying around being a electrician, just have to do a few things to it & it will be motorcycle ready. Anybody in central Florida need road side assistance just pm me

So I pulled the tank & it's rusted to hell, will be ordering a new one from boat.net tonight and picking up the fuel pump from Kyle tomorrow.

I wished the hell I looked in there when I had the bike apart, just didn't think about it. I guess, oh well Ill make the best of it and do a few mods that I had planned for her.

- rear brake bracket
- knock off wave rotor to match the front
- SS throttle cables
- taking out the st 1 carbs & installing st 7
-replacing a cracked carb intake, that I cracked & repaired with JB weld
- tiding up some wiring in the rear that Patmax made me aware of
- V4 carb covers
- cop brackets
- dyna 3000
- LED accent lighting

That should keep me busy

Edit: I will be picking up my trailer this weekend, so I'll be joining the roadside assistance program for central Florida, because I know how it feels to be stranded.

- rear brake bracket - done
- knock off wave rotor to match the front - done
- tidied up some wiring in the rear - done
- SS throttle cables - done
- intake V4 cover - done
- new gas tank in - done
- Kyle's fuel pump & new filter -done
- new plastic neck covers, ignition & other side- done

Still got to get SS speedo cable on, LED accent lighting, dyna box,& cop brackets.

And I think I'm gonna let Kyle tackle stage 7 carbs

Last edited:
That is a nice little trailer at a good price too. I'm looking at buying a trailer in the next 2 months for my move to SC. I think I'll get a utility trailer and add chocks to it for the bikes that way it is multipurpose. Still looking for the right deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That is a nice little trailer at a good price too. I'm looking at buying a trailer in the next 2 months for my move to SC. I think I'll get a utility trailer and add chocks to it for the bikes that way it is multipurpose. Still looking for the right deal.

Thats my plans, add a chock, small tool box & side rails

- rear brake bracket - done
- knock off wave rotor to match the front - done
- tidied up some wiring in the rear - done
- SS throttle cables - done
- intake V4 cover - done
- new gas tank in - done
- Kyle's fuel pump & new filter -done
- new plastic neck covers, ignition & other side- done

Still got to get SS speedo cable on, LED accent lighting, dyna box,& cop brackets.

And I think I'm gonna let Kyle tackle stage 7 carbs

Got a lot done in just a couple of days after my trip to Boston & she is running good again

Attachments

• 20140418_193310.jpg
    20140418_193310.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20140418_193219.jpg
    20140418_193219.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140418_193229.jpg
    20140418_193229.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140418_193146.jpg
    20140418_193146.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20140418_193119.jpg
    20140418_193119.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 13

Tex85 (Ryan) I'm trying to get her all done so I can go to Leesburg Bikefest next week, you think you might be going. Would be nice before you head to SC

Damn, it looks even better, I didn't think that was possible. I was planning to go to Leesburg bike fest originally but now I'll be out in Seattle for work :-(

I am heading out to Kyle's tomorrow to pick up a few more shinny things for the Vmax plus get him to look at and adjust the steering head bearings. I have the 40mph wobble if I take my hands off the bars and I'd rather be safe than sorry. Maybe I could meet up with you for lunch on the way back. I'll shoot my cell over in a PM, feel free to text anytime.

Back