How do I breath life back into my 1992?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garylanewho

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone.
I spent the last 5 years overseas and downrange. My 1992 Vmax spent a great deal of that exposed to the elements in Tennessee. A family member was going to keep it in a garage, but I guess that didn't last long. I have the bike back now. Where do I even begin to restore. It was running when I left. Doesn't look safe to try and start now. Any suggestions or tips on where to start would be appreciated. Thanks.
Gary - From Nashville.

TO start with you could go to the presentation section and write some words to let us know who you are.

Pm Texas-SS-Tornado. Or he'll be by. Trailer it to his place or see if he'll ride over. He's gotten a LOT of bikes running. You'll probably end up taking your carbs off and sending them to Dannymax (he'll show up here to help, too). Most of your other parts that will be needed you can get from sean (One2dmax), Kyle (CaptainKyle), Patmax, or anyone else parting something out.

Welcome to the board. This is a place full of very nice, helpful people.

Welcome to the forum! I would start by draining and replacing ALL fluids and filters. Then throw some fresh gas in it and see if it will fire!

Welcome to the forum ! I will be happy to talk with you on the phone there will be quite a bit that will need to be done. I will be in the Knoxville area the end of next month I may be able to make it to Nashville for a look. Kyle 813-270-0000

Welcome to the forum! I would start by draining and replacing ALL fluids and filters. Then throw some fresh gas in it and see if it will fire!

+1....Old gas turns to varnish, so it will gum stuff up, but you wont know how bad things are until you hear it run.

Welcome to the forum. I live in Spring Hill, TN. I can look at it for you some weekend. PM me if interested. Most of guys on here a helpfull.

Let's get this guy Rollin. If you need any parts, I'll do what I can to help out. Thanks for your service.

When you get the bike assessed, let us know what you need- I have some parts from my 85 I would be willing to donate to get you back on the road, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here! :)

FIRST...get $10,000 dollars handy. Then start spending it. When you are done, it might run.

I had the same issues after my tirp to the box. Well mine was left in my garage. I found somewhere that was cheap to look at carb and starter clutch. BIG MISTAKE. I downloaded the maint manual and have a book, but I sent my carbs to Sean. I try to do as much as possible, it become fun when things are positive. I know your pain. Cpt Kyle is good and so is Sean Morley if you need help. Both will go out of their way to help. My 90 ended up sitting about a 16 months due PCS and time. Good luck and use the site to get some help if needed...

Back