Go kart stomps Gen 2 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owe7POAdaVs

Obviously this isn't your 5 year olds go kart. But DAMN!

I think I am going to build a bad ass go kart again. I did one almost 20 years ago with a CR250 motor. I always wanted to build a CR500 go cart. But now I am thinking a Busa powered or maybe even a GSXR 1k or 750 motor would be fun.

Nothing special just a backyard burner to beat on.

The KTM in the video looks bad ass too. I wish they would have run the Vmax more in the videos. The go kart was cool and the KTM was too, but barely any Vmax footage.

Todd

I completely fail to see the point of this video. I've seen (highly) modified Honda civics on the strip that would rip that shifter cart a fresh attitude. A fun look at what can be done but it doesn't remotely apply to the real world imo. A bit like taking a Subaru Imprezza to a dirt oval on a Saturday night; A capable car but against speciality built track cars ? Not a hope.
Just my opinion.

Chris.

I give the guy in the kart a 10 for balls. No comparison to a full cage. About 35+ years ago at Epping N.H. a rocket powered kart went through the traps at 150 mph. They lit it's dam fuse on the line. The driver had a para shoot on as his only way of clearing a disaster. That was something to see. I can still hear the announcer asking the Pro Stockers if they wanted to race a little go-kart. Tks Todd.

I completely fail to see the point of this video. I've seen (highly) modified Honda civics on the strip that would rip that shifter cart a fresh attitude. A fun look at what can be done but it doesn't remotely apply to the real world imo. A bit like taking a Subaru Imprezza to a dirt oval on a Saturday night; A capable car but against speciality built track cars ? Not a hope.
Just my opinion.

Chris.

There is really no point to anything in this world.

But honestly its just a fun video with bad ass rides.

Todd

The point is it burns gas, goes fast and is fun

Surprised to hear "what's the point" from a Vmax forum member

Well, that last one was totally insane
rainbowderp.png

I always wanted to build something like this, using a V-max motor, and set up for offroad fun. Thinking it would be a blast in some of the old pits they have here in Maine.

I had pondered doing up a shifter cart after watching those "Kartvader" vids on U-Tube but good sense kicked in, looked like a lot of fun tho!!..................Tom.

The one video where it's obvious the shifter requires moving the right hand off the wheel to shift; that Kart is freaking bad ass!

But is there another way to do the shifter thing? That guy looks like he got really squirrelly several times because of moving that hand back and forth from the steering wheel. Steering is way to "quick" or "twitchy" to be doing that.

Or maybe slow the steering response down a whole bunch??

And the R1 sounds so evil with that cross plane crankshaft, kinda like the Vmax of inline 4's
First time I heard one at idle I was like WTF? That doesn't sound anything like any other inline 4 I've ever heard.

And the R1 sounds so evil with that cross plane crankshaft, kinda like the Vmax of inline 4's
First time I heard one at idle I was like WTF? That doesn't sound anything like any other inline 4 I've ever heard.

That is why, if something were to happen to my Woona, I would be looking to get a new R1. I have sat on one, and it feels surprisingly comfortable for me. I wonder, where I am so light, I could get away with setting the preload on the suspension down low to effectively lower it when I am sitting on the bike?

Back