Can't feel any boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1, I get the same feeling at the beginning of the season which then slowly fades away later in the season. I can always test to see if it's working by running slowly through the RPM range starting below the rpm range and run it up slowly to bring back that first vboost feeling and smile under the helmet.

THAT's what I'm talking about!! :punk:

This must be how Tom the Beekeeper felt as he watched my tail light go out of sight when we went riding last week. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

The Beekeeper: Is my VBOOST working :ummm:

This must be how Tom the Beekeeper felt as he watched my tail light go out of sight when we went riding last week. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

The Beekeeper: Is my VBOOST working :ummm:
Yeah, that may be true, at least he gets to ride a fun AND COMFORTABLE Vmax, is able to see his motor and all for less than half what you paid. And besides that the fastest you can legally ride on the street in Michigan is seventy miles per; anything above that your risking a speeding (or worse!) ticket. I think Tom was enjoying himself immensely riding his Vmax even if your taillight kept shorting out!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

To tell you the truth brian i think tom enjoys his self more than anyone on here. And its not at 70mph. Dollar for dollar Tom did great but after riding the B King friday Im glad i have it. This bike is comfortable and nimble and fast and it only has 1500 miles on it so what i paid is a great price.

I think the Bking would be much more comfortable than the Hayabusa. The Bking may not much to look (IMO) at but from what I've read is that it's fast and does a lot of things well. It sounds like you bought a sweetheart of a bike too, I'm looking forward to seeing it and your opinion of it at Thunder.

To the original poster, pull the intake cover on the right hand side ( when sitting on the bike) and get a flashlight and start the bike and let it get to full temperature IT MUST BE FULLY WARMED UP then twist the throttle and watch between the intake runners beneath the carbs and at roughly 6000rpm you should see the linkage move to the open position for the vboost. If your not sure where to look then just sit there with the flashlight shining in there and turn the key off and then back on and watch for movement, you'll see where it's at.

Comfort means different things to different people, I'm personally not anywhere near as comfortable on a Busa or definitely not a 14 as what I am on my Vmax. I'm strange though because I also cannot stand forward controls so I'm not usually super comfortable of big cruiser bikes either. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

On the Busa the only thing i had trouble with was my neck. after 8 hours of riding everything else was as good or better than on a vmax. And i can tell this much my neck wasn't hurting as much as someone pride.:biglaugh:

As for the looks of the B king i can tell you this every young person 24 and under thinks the B king is bad ass and they say dont change the muffler's because thats what they like most. I was thinking about brocks exhaust and now the stock bike is growing on me. And most women like the bike also. Maybe i will save my money and just annoy the few. Like scott said people are different. Hell if you ask alot of people they will tell you the gen 2 vmax is ugly. Most dont like the scoops on the gen 2. Going by my math brian you have more money into redbone than i have into my Bking. And alot more than i had into my vmax. But as long as your ok with it than good for you. But when someone like tom gets as much fun for as many years for what he paid thats a great deal. Sometimes it dont do alot for his pride but it is a great deal.:biglaugh:

There is no way that you would not feel the boost if it is working properly....doesn't really matter what gear you are in. With a properly functioning v-boost when you hit 6000 it is like lighting off the afterburner. Waaaaaaahoooooooooo!!!!!!

With my bike, If I'm getting with it, I'll go right through it and not feel a thing. If I slowly go through the gears, the Vboost is more prominent.

Bking with new mufflers looks cool. But I have an hard time to like the trumpet oem ones lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ya I dient like them at first and i will change the tail light and turn signals and plate. But i think taking the mufflers off would be like taking the scoope's off the vmax the bike look just wouldent be the same.

I road my 06 Max the other day and did a slow rpm climb in 3rd gear all the way to red line and never felt the Vboost kick in. I did it again while watching my tach and the rpms climbed at the same rate from 4K to 8K rpms. I Am going to pull the manifold cover and check the linkage as someone suggested to see if it is opening up at all.

Back