17" Dymag front wheel/speedo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
For anyone running a 17" Dymag front wheel, how much does this affect the speedometer and odometer readouts?

Thanks,
John

There is a speedo gear change that is a direct bolt-on and it will give you a true reading with the 17" wheels, I just can't remember the model/type, it might have been a speedo gear from a FZR etc. I know once you get the correct model/type you can purchase it on E-Bay etc.

Boxenstopp also sells a direct bolt-on.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There is a difference for sure. Like Damon said there is a gear set from another bike that fixes the issue. Dannymax has that info, I believe. I'm going to a Koso gauge setup partially for that reason. I got a good deal(tks to Mark) on a never installed unit. It came with the adapter to use the OEM cable, and a temp sender.

I think you will find that the Thundercat speedo drive is what's needed as this is also a 17" rim.

That assumes you are fitting a tyre with the same aspect ratio as a T.cat

Appreciate the info everyone. I ordered a speedo drive gear for a YZF600R (Thundercat in Europe) from Ebay (for not a lot of money, always a good thing).

Thanks again,
John

Back