Rear wheel dampener removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
Took my back wheel off today to do some work to it and noticed that one of the dampeners is no longer attached to the wheel. Two other dampeners, the inner steel sleeve have separated from the rubber.

So I am going to have to change at least two dampeners. What is the best way to take them out?

Mike

Last edited:
Took my back wheel off today to do some work to it and noticed that one of the dampeners is no longer attached to the wheel. Two other dampeners, the inner steel sleeve have separated from the rubber.

So I am going to have to change at two dampeners. What is the best way to take them out?

Mike
Mike, try this thread. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2628

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sounds like cutting through the old rubber and putting a score (or two) in the metal collar, and then using a cold chisel to collapse the collar, so it could be removed, is what needs to be done. Maybe a long jigsaw blade, a sawzall, or one of those pneumatic metal blade saws for working in tight places?

I don't know what kind of space there is at the bottom of the hole, if you can get outward-facing puller arms 'below' the collar to remove it? And, heat usually helps, whatever method you use. Just be careful you don't destroy an adjoining intact one, trying to heat the one that's deteriorated. You also might remove the rubber, exposing the collar, and try to weld something to it, so you could use a slide hammer to remove it, or to give the puller arms something to bear-against.

Latest posts

Back