Shinko tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ The Shinko TM 230 isn't race tire soft But it is the softest/stickiest tire I have ever run on my sock Vmax rear rim since I bought it in 2001 and I have tried pretty much every tire that fits our stock rims over the years.

Last edited:
I put Shinko TM's (stock sizes front and back) on last year. Had a vibration in the front at 70+mph. Took the front to a different shop to get it balanced and problem solved. So far i like performance. Several of us got caught in the rain and a buddy commented on how much more spray my tires were kicking up compared to others so i guess they disperse water well. I know the Bridgestone Excedras i took off felt like i was on ice when it was wet, (but they were pretty worn out) and I didnt get that feeling with the Shinkos.

Except for the collection of nails I've gathered in them this year I love them. Had my bike at 140 and it was smooth. Switching lanes was interesting with the frame flex. Great tire and cheap. My excedra would just spin. A warm Shinko lifts the front right up

I've put a few 100km on mine. So far it's great. Much better handling than the old Metzler. Could be it was worn flat

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I have the Shinko Tour Master 170/80-15 on the rear of my 06 and it seems very sticky. Its the only one that I have run so I wasn't sure if I needed to fix what wasn't broke when it comes time to replace. It may just be my riding style, "ahem"... but it seems to wear pretty quickly. It doesn't like to spin but will raise the front end when its happy! :confused2:

What's the widest tire I could run on the rear doing the washer/bushing swap to left side. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed a shinko 170/80 on mine and when my wife was on the back it rubbed under the fender. Im 6'4" 325 and she's 5'8" 160 so thats probably why. But I ordered a set of rfy shocks off of ebay that where 1.5" longer and solved the problem.

I have another question for ya guys. What's the biggest you can run on the front stock rim?

Have you purchased tires from the motorcycle superstore.com site? For shinko tires they're sooo cheap!!

Cool, just wanted to prep. Ordered the sizes talked of in the post. Shinko front n rear for 150.

Have you purchased tires from the motorcycle superstore.com site? For shinko tires they're sooo cheap!!

Yup.. That's where I got mine from.

I bought a SHINKO 230 170/80-15 M/C 83V, REAR in Jan 2016 and like it...have used SHINKO tires on many bike with no issue.

Im running them rite now. 230 tours, Very sticky, being the racer, I run 30 psi front, 35 rear, 180/70/15, no need to move the washer, lines rite up, 120/90/18 front, tight fit, but clears the fender. Tires heat up to 34 rear and 38 psi front. They balance well, not much weight needed. Love the tires, very good cornering grip, I got mine scrubbed in good all the way to the leading edges, foot pegs dragging! Damn! I miss road racing.
Hy,
i would like to try Shinko tire this Summer for price and reliability
i have stock wheels
i go a little larger
180 / 70 / 15

It looks like the; SR777 is the one
Is it the good one for weight and speed rate

Any sugestion

Regards :punk:

All their tires are priced great there. I had an issue, as well as Wayne, with the bias ply Shinkos. But there are many happy Shinko people out there. If you get one that needs an extreme amount of weight, make sure it's mounted right and not running out like mine was. Send them back if they do run-out. Don't let a shop tell you it's ok to have the wheel lines with weights. I've been running Dyna beads after getting the tire positioned for the best balance possible. Of course you have to mount your own to go through that little bit of hassle. Tire tools are cheap. And no one cares about your wheels like you do.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back