What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ain't kidding, I forgotten how good First Choice BBQ was, it's been a while since I've eaten there. I was riding by it on my way to meet up with you & my stomach said yummie

nice looking bike bro.

Put 8 plates and then end cap I painted on today. Bought the bike a year ago and been running with them off....sounded amazing, if you like the early muscle car sound. Not happy with the end cap on (sound), think will try with a comp open cap. Needs a little back pressure, but I really miss the muscle sound

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 44
Been out on the bike all day get in around 9:45 pm. Went up to the water front Annapolis MD.

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_154454.jpg
    IMG_20140420_154454.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20140420_155035.jpg
    IMG_20140420_155035.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 40
I finally got the guts to have a go at the water pump seals/bearing. Thanks to the guys on the "how to" section, I had no trouble and all seems well. I'll find out tomorrow when I ride 120 miles round trip to work.

I got back from a week out of town at work, and was able to put in my new inner rear fender. In the process I noticed the plastic of the rear fender has taken a good beating. Guess I need to get new fender eventually.

Luckily the inner fender Danny sold me(thanks Danny!) was super solid and it allowed me to really tighten it all down well.

Put about 500 miles on the Max this weekend.

I put my new Galfer brake/clutch lines on that i got from Sean. Bled them all with my mightyvac first, then did a traditional bleed after that with no problems. Took a 25 mile spin to test em' and they work good and look even better.

Fired up the Max after a long winter's nap today. 72' in NY and most of the salt is washed off the road finally. Ran like a top. A quick 20 mile zip around town got me in the summer mood! Hope the weather is here to stay.
uploadfromtaptalk1398128233373.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398128248320.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ordered a thermostat and gasket today. After rebuilding the water pump a few days ago due to the weep hole weeping, I now have a leak at the thermostat??? ahrrrrrg!

Removed the carbs for a cleaning and changing out the jets (found out I was running a wee rich when doing my spring maintenance), found out my regulator was shot, changed the oil, and cleaned some stuff up. Next week hoping to replace regulator and add gas....... firing up for the season!!!!

After destroying my middle gear I decided to refurbish the bike.

Two months later, I've finished. This was a bare metal refurbishment. Everything sandblasted, rust treated, painted and polished by yours truly.

BTW, spraying a V-max frame is a bitch.

Hope you like the look.

Attachments

• finished 1.jpg
    finished 1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 44
  • finished 2.jpg
    finished 2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 45

Two months later, I've finished. This was a bare metal refurbishment. Everything sandblasted, rust treated, painted and polished by yours truly.

Hope you like the look.
looks great where did you get those bags?

Hope you like the look.

Great looking bike!!!

You know, the best thing about the Fatmax bags is that every biker who sees the bags thinks Grandad is on board.

VERY Surprised when they get their butt handed back to them by grandad's V-max :rofl_200:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back