Bad Vmax vendor experiences...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Attitude adjustment on John Furbur

i have not had any bad experiences with furbur but I do know others have.

Sean

I would be one of those other guys who have had trouble with John Furbur. I did business with him last year and went round and round of his interpretation of the concept of customer relations. Basically he did not care to deal with issues in a professional manner but prefers to insinuate you are wrong. I was wrong, wrong to give him my hard earned money and expect him to give me what he says he will. In my opinion you better deliver on what you are peddling otherwise the whole idea of commerce breaks down.

Translation:The guys a horses ass.
Too many good people out there to do business with than an ass like Fubar.

I can't think of anything else to call him except grease monkey.

Exactrep....... ordered from 3 times.....

1st transaction went well, received on schedule, just no install instructions for rearsets and 1 hose was wrong dia., $3 at parts store vs. 2 weeks shipping back & forth... (pretty sure I got prototype of this set-up, made it work).

2nd order..... received e-mail confriming order and assuring all parts are in stock, will ship soon...
2 weeks later, no parts, no word, request tracking #..... "oh, we're waiting on this part xxx, should have it in 2 weeks..." WHAT?........ recieve shipment approx 4 weeks later, all parts in good condition & fit properly. griped on Yahoo forums, assured this has never happened to anyone else (which REALLY makes me feel better).

3rd order.... "we are waiting on the sump tp arrive, would you like us to ship all other parts?"...... no, just send all at once. 2-3 weeks, get e-mail w/ tracking #, shipment arrives, no stainless coolant elbow..... WTF??????? where's the f*&%@$g elbow? "Oh, it hasn't arrived yet..." you didn't tell me that before!! "We are sorry that you FEEL you did not receive our usual outstanding service". r u fuckin' kidding me ?......:bang head:

Kopperhed

Yup,
Glad I never ordered from that grease monkey.
Put him up on ripoffreport.com.
Thats what I did.
Anyone searching his name gets directed to your complaint.
Top Google listing.

:ummm: It sounds to me like this guy just doesn't care. I called him after I wrecked my first V-Max and his double talk scared me away, thankfully. I then had a bad experience with a machinist in Missouri that was selling parts on Ebay. I won the bid on three parts and sent the money via Paypal within two days. After a couple weeks I emailed him and was told he was backlogged but the parts would come soon. After almost a month and having several emails ignored, I finally filed a dispute with eBay and Paypal which got his attention immediately. He called me and gave me the story that his lathe had broken and he was setting up new equipment and that if I would drop the dispute (to maintain his positive feedback) he would ship my parts and a bonus part within two weeks. Being a small business owner I understood his dilemma and I dropped the dispute and waited. Another month went by and I called him and was given another song about being backed up but the parts would go ut in a week. Needless to say, they never went out. The next event was for him to ignore my calls, emails and messages. I did manage to get eBay and Paypal to understand my dilemma and they allowed me to re-open a dispute which finally resulted in my refund of cash after another two weeks. This persons name is David Redding and he is now selling parts through Python Motorsports. I do not know anything about Python except that they are selling Reddings parts. The parts are really good quality but the quality of the machinest is up for grabs.:punk:

This person's name is David Redding and he is now selling parts through Python Motorsports.

YO. Thanks for letting us know - I have been looking at some parts from Python Motorsports as they seemed to have some good deals - now I'll know to stay clear or be real careful!

Python will only sell what he has in stock on hand. Do NOT confuse the guy making the parts with Python, those guys are straight up great.

:ummm: It sounds to me like this guy just doesn't care. I called him after I wrecked my first V-Max and his double talk scared me away, thankfully. I then had a bad experience with a machinist in Missouri that was selling parts on Ebay. I won the bid on three parts and sent the money via Paypal within two days. After a couple weeks I emailed him and was told he was backlogged but the parts would come soon. After almost a month and having several emails ignored, I finally filed a dispute with eBay and Paypal which got his attention immediately. He called me and gave me the story that his lathe had broken and he was setting up new equipment and that if I would drop the dispute (to maintain his positive feedback) he would ship my parts and a bonus part within two weeks. Being a small business owner I understood his dilemma and I dropped the dispute and waited. Another month went by and I called him and was given another song about being backed up but the parts would go ut in a week. Needless to say, they never went out. The next event was for him to ignore my calls, emails and messages. I did manage to get eBay and Paypal to understand my dilemma and they allowed me to re-open a dispute which finally resulted in my refund of cash after another two weeks. This persons name is David Redding and he is now selling parts through Python Motorsports. I do not know anything about Python except that they are selling Reddings parts. The parts are really good quality but the quality of the machinest is up for grabs.:punk:

Caveat Emptor-Buyer Beware
Any idiot can sell on the world wide web today.
Credit card companies are being innundated with backcharges for these idiots mistakes.
Always Google a vendor before giving them your hard earned money.
If Fubar were holding a cup on the streetcorner I'd pee in it.

David Redding has nothing to do with Python Motorsports, Tom is the owner of Python and a very good friend of mine. He built a vmax conversion for me and another for a friend of mine. I know first hand that he works very hard to keep his customers happy.

thanks for the info on ufo, i was getting ready to order exhaust, either his or holeshot performance(dale walker), i guess ill lean to holeshot, anything bad about them, i ordered a jet kit and it arrived in 3 days and they seem to be professional on the phone, but i like the look of ufo exhaust better, anyone else make that clones his

thanks for the info on ufo, i was getting ready to order exhaust, either his or holeshot performance(dale walker), i guess ill lean to holeshot, anything bad about them, i ordered a jet kit and it arrived in 3 days and they seem to be professional on the phone, but i like the look of ufo exhaust better, anyone else make that clones his

Dale is a pretty good guy. I don't think I have heard one person say they had an issue with him. HMF used to make a system like the old UFO system but they stopped.

The Holeshot system performs pretty damn well IMO. I made 122 with his jet kit and a K&N filter on my bike with about 3000 miles on it. Of course Jon Cornell of UFO can probably make 145hp with his exhaust... Just ask him!

I am another victim of David Redding.

I ordered a stator cover from him directly, and unfortunately paid in advance.
He promised it to me in 3 weeks. well after many,many calls and numerous emails he kept giving me the run around. Now he won't return any calls & It has been at least 3 months and i guess there's nothing i can do about it except warn others to stay clear of this asshole ,thief David Redding...

I know some of you had good experiences with him, so count yourselves lucky.

I have bought swingarm covers from David Redding on Ebay, it was a straight up deal... no problems. He does good work, but from the sounds of it he has a customer service problem when dealing direct. I have also bought from Python Motorsports too and they were great to deal with. I had to return some fork springs I bought in error and they worked with me. I had to pay for shipping but they refunded the purchase price of the springs promptly when they received the fork springs back in good order. Python Motorsports have been good in all my dealings, should be back this winter to buy more.

I am another victim of David Redding.

I ordered a stator cover from him directly, and unfortunately paid in advance.
He promised it to me in 3 weeks. well after many,many calls and numerous emails he kept giving me the run around. Now he won't return any calls & It has been at least 3 months and i guess there's nothing i can do about it except warn others to stay clear of this asshole ,thief David Redding...

I know some of you had good experiences with him, so count yourselves lucky.

It's football season I bet Dave is to busy watching football and studying stats to worry about your cover.

Latest posts

Back