Coolant leaking from drain valve

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkuberek

Reaction score
Hello,

My vmax started leaking coolant from the drain valve and I was wondering if there is anything special about fixing it. If I take it apart what will I need to put it back together?

Thanks

I believe you can just replace the o-ring, and screw it back in, but I'm wrong a lot lately so wait for confirmation.

I believe you can just replace the o-ring, and screw it back in, but I'm wrong a lot lately so wait for confirmation.

This is correct....back the small screw out carefully (there is a spring and detent ball that can pop out and disappear forever) then work the plastic hex head directional valve out with pliers.

The plastic hexed screw is not a screw, what keeps it in place is the the ball bearing with the spring in the pipe orifices and a small screw that works as a set screw, that onr you need to remove to pry out the plastic stub.

Great. After replacing the joint, cap and thermostats, this is the last piece of the puzzle. (or is it? :ummm:)

Will do that tomorrow. Thanks a lot for all the info. :punk:

Latest posts

Back