turn over problem.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effingidiot

Reaction score
U.K. A soldier of life,just soldiering throu.
My 1994 vmax is back together now,i put everything in a new frame.I conected the battery,turned on the ignition i thought great i got lights.I pressed the start button i just wanted to see if it turned over,the bike turned over but not a full rotation then stopped.Now when i press the starter button,the lights just go out.Like a flat battry,but it aint flat.What should i check first.cheers.

Starter solenoid? Try jumping the bike with a car. If it spins over well, I'd think battery, like Traumahawk is suggesting.

What is the voltage of the battery with the key and headlight on?
The headlight don't come on might be the bulb,the battery was 12.7 when i charged it up a couple of weeks ago.That's the first thing i wil check tomorrow,along with the solinoid.The switches was all siezed up,i used wd40 on em so they need checking.

Found out what's blowing the fuse,theres a black box with a white 3 pin plug and a tube coming down.It sits below the guage cluster held on by two 10 mm bolts,i dont know what it is yet i aint looked.Thats the problem.

I believe that is the vacuum advance for the ignition curve.

Can you post a pic of it? Ignition units like ignitech use something similar as well.

Back