British Racing Green Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
My '93 is sporting the factory paint. I got a 2nd set of fenders and faux gas tank that I was want to get a custom paint on. I've always been a big fan of British Racing Green as a color, but wasn't sure how it would look on a V-max. A Google search gave me one result that looks pretty snazzy. I attached a picture. I was thinking of having a white stripe or a silver stripe that matches the tone of the scoops added into the look going down the center.

I was just curios if anyone else has any experience with that color on a V-Max and how did it look? I thought a couple of years ago someone posted on the Vmax Facebook group of their V-Max repainted to a similar color.

Also, what sort of ballpark cost am I looking at for new paint on those parts? I'm sure it varies, but just curious what others generally pay.

Attachments

• 1007158713_2_1000x700_yamaha-vmax-1200-add-some-photos_rev001.jpg
    1007158713_2_1000x700_yamaha-vmax-1200-add-some-photos_rev001.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 84
I think that would be a good choice. I've always been partial to the Lister-Jaguar color scheme, and the BRG color used on it.

ClickHandler.ashx

The Lister-Jaguars were for a short time, the class of the sports car world in competition.

before I painted my Max bright green,..I painted it , close to a medium green. It looked good in the shop. Then I rolled it out into the day light,..YIKES ! I was stunned, wasn't sure what to think. I personally thought it looked like an old mans bike. I took it back in the shop and stripped it all down. You may like it,...maybe others will too. I sure didn't.

What about the skoal racing colours? I have been searching classic race livery and I like the skoal nascars. I hadnt seen them before.
why-are-green-cars-considered-unlucky-in-nascar-1200x800.jpg

I like the Skoal colors too. My earliest memories of motorcycles and my love for the V-Max comes from a neighbor who got a V-Max in '85 when they first came out... and then he also had a '70 Triumph Bonnie that was an emerald green. Loved the paint on that bike. Loved the bike too. Still to this day I'm a fan of Triumph. I had dreams of having one at some point in my life, but I think I just need to accept that's not going to happen. So I'm thinking of painting my V-Max for my own personal memorial of those influential days.

I agree with Sdt, a little metal flake and your in business. BRG looks amazing on the E and D type jags like the one above, also pretty sweet on the Triumphs, MGs and Alphas. I think it would look great as long as it doesnt come out too light. I painted mine blue and it came out lighter than I was hoping but it grew on me and looks great in the sun. Gets lots of compliments from the ladies.:eusa_dance:

I say find a good BRG and rock the shit out of it, its gonna look great and be unique. My vote is a yes vote.

The SKOAL colors would look a lot better.
I painted mine after the DoubleMint green car. However,.the color had Copy- right protection under nascar & you couldn't buy that paint color. I took a picture of the car to the paint shop & after lots of trial & error,...they made the right shade of green.

green%20max%20done%20007_zpsae9mmcfu.jpg

raptor_mad_max_002.jpg

Latest posts

Back