Best cdi I can buy??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian

Reaction score
Need a link to an upgraded cdi.. put in the R1 r/r and COPs kit ..

Only options I know of are

1. Get the OEM repaired. John Furber/Blue Ridge Sportmax says they can.
2. Buy new/used OEM
3. Buy a Ignitech. Fully programmable, aftermarket ignition. Contact Sean Morley. [email protected]
4. Buy a Dyna 3000 ignition. I think the only functionality it offers is an adjustable rev limiter and a few selectable timing curves.

Only options I know of are

1. Get the OEM repaired. John Furber/Blue Ridge Sportmax says they can.
2. Buy new/used OEM
3. Buy a Ignitech. Fully programmable, aftermarket ignition. Contact Sean Morley. [email protected]
4. Buy a Dyna 3000 ignition. I think the only functionality it offers is an adjustable rev limiter and a few selectable timing curves.

Is the dyna 3000 a plug and play function?

Yes, plug n play.
I believe others have stated that you should have resistors in your COP harness if you are running a dyna ignition.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have also read that the Dyna will fry with resistor-less COPs. I just installed an Ignitek on my 89 Venture along with resistorless COPs, and plugged the laptop on it to see what all I could change and to set voltages for the MAP sensor option that came with it. It's a slick box, you can even have it control your Vboost. I'll be using an Ignitek on the Vmax as well because I have had trouble with my Vboost control module and my homemade COPs came out real purdy since I didnt have to stuff resistors into them.

I had a scare a while ago thinking the genie died in my TCI box. Turns out it was OK. But, if I ever needed to replace it, I'd get an Ignitech from Sean. Without hesitation. There are plenty of guys here that will be glad to give you good advice.

The new Dyna's are fully programmable, but come factory preset to be a plug & play...been running one for a couple years...

Back