V4 Harley?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...there are ALREADY HD owners that say the Vrod isnt a "true" harley. Could you imagine what they would say if that came out?

Going by the bike design they have have mocked up, I highly doubt that it would be the next V-Rod, but more along the lines of something more akin to a street fighter.

To be honest, I don't see why they would feel any need to go with a V-4 bike, unless it was for racing, such as MotoGP. They could get some serious HP out of that V-Rod V-twin if they really wanted to. Just look at the Diavel, or better yet, the Panigali.

A Harley will never be a Harley unless various and sundry bolts fall out, it leaks oil like the Exxon Valdiz and it won't start when your late for work.
Thus is the legend of agricultural machinery.

Chris.

Honestly Guys, Harleys are as reliable as a car since the Evolution Motor came out.
That was decades ago. I'll never buy one again because their customer care sucks.
They're only into things for Money and they have flooded the market so bikes are
worth a lot less. From 84 to 05 they had a it all together... I made a lot of money on their stock....

Honestly Guys, Harleys are as reliable as a car since the Evolution Motor came out.
That was decades ago. I'll never buy one again because their customer care sucks.
They're only into things for Money and they have flooded the market so bikes are
worth a lot less. From 84 to 05 they had a it all together... I made a lot of money on their stock....

Hit it on the head...I don't tow the Harley party line even though I ride one and really enjoy it . The MoCo is run by money hungry whores and EVERYTHING they do is focused on making more money than is necessary or fair . But at this point in my life they make the right bike for the right time for me . I wont recommend their bikes to anyone other than to say ' try everything you can '...

Now , as far as this V4 is concerned...I'll be one of the first to line up for a test ride...:punk:

Harley's all show and no go:rofl_200: I had a 99 Nighttrain had to tighten everything that shock loose after every ride, my 05 Vrod I had, the only bad was I traded it in on an 06 Streetglide, was an ok bagger, put $1200 into it with go fast goodies and it was dynoed with 64 Donkeys big turd:biglaugh: Traded it for a 07 Nighttod special, spend alot to custom it and it was a sharp good bike, traded it in on a 07 Zx14 which I totaled:bang head
After my experience with the Harley service department I realized they suck a$$, the Vrod is a Harley and the best damn Harley they make, looks sharp, handles great, faster Harley they make and way Better components they all the other factory bikes they make, they just want to damn much money for what they really offer the consumer!!!
V4 Harley....they gotta change something:eusa_dance:

But I have to say, the Vmax is an awesome bike:punk: When I can afford a Gen2 that will be my next bike:eusa_dance::punk:

While I do admit that HD build quality and reliability have improved it's still behind industry standards. For the extreme price of admission they should at least be able to keep up with the big boys.

Here is the problem with the HD V4. No matter how awesome it is it will be rejected as a pretender by the many buyers that are still chugging the Kool Aid. Look how much of an improvement the Vrod was over the "Traditional" models, what? Rejected as not a real Harley. I do see some strays embracing the added power Porsche has handed HD but as long as there are buyers out there gladly willing to pay 40 large for a freaking Ultra Glide then business is good. I would never rock that boat! Thats like selling an LTD 440 for $15,000. These buyers are

I would be shocked to see this V4 make it to production, that would be going in a direction that puts them in the crosshairs of the more performance oriented manufacturers using current technology. Ya know the saying about not pissing in the tall grass if you cant play with the big dogs. I predict HD out of the motorcycle business by 2045. Polaris will thrive along with the Asian and Euro makes.

I would love to see that motor go production, but i shudder to think what it would cost to buy the bike it came in!! One of my oldest friends bought a USED Rocker for $18k, its a nice bike, but by thime i hit $18k on my Max though...

They tried before and failed - anybody remember the V4 Nova?
http://thekneeslider.com/harley-davidson-v4-nova/

6.jpg

That V-4 in the Nova looks pretty compact. Makes me wonder if maybe someone might be able to somehow buy the rights to that engine, modernize it, and put it in a nice, tight frame. It might make for a ripping machine

I see many comment, good and bad from the Millwaukee`s machine,
Some looks great, some are a shit of theme

For myself, wath realy piss me off is that to many Harley`s owners promulgate that they reach the ``eldorado off all bike``with ``just another bike``

Share the passion,

That V-4 in the Nova looks pretty compact. Makes me wonder if maybe someone might be able to somehow buy the rights to that engine, modernize it, and put it in a nice, tight frame. It might make for a ripping machine

Or you could save yourself a ton of $$$$ and buy a Honda Sabre, Magna, or Interceptor and there's your V-4.

I know this is a V4 forum but I would be remiss if I failed to point out that BMW has a blistering inline 6 on the market now. I'm sure we all know about it but those of us that love cars to know how splendidly BMW does the straight six. I've been lusting after the K1600 since I heard about it's existence. I wonder how many more V config engines we are going to see in the future. V6 anyone?

I say it because anything other than a V twin or inline 4 is interesting. I recalled the Honda CBX and got all nostalgic. The Suzuki RE5 is something I have always wanted to play with but never got a chance.

The NOVA pictured looks like it could be a 2 stroke, (I assume it is not) how sweet would that be? I think it looks better than any HD currently in production. If HD tried to do a V4 now they would essentially be starting at square one, the rest of the world is on like square 50. HD is a one trick pony for the most part, and if you like the trick it's awesome, if not then the choices are mind blowing.

Back