Ride Today + Simple Thoughts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Went on about a 60 mile "ride to lunch" with some other riders today. I traded with a friend for part of the ride - he has a GSX-R 1000, and we always talk smack to each other. His bike has some mods, and super powerful. We switched back and my friend said my V-Max has much more power than he thought it would.

Perfect temperature, perfect weather. My V-Max is running VERY good. I have no starting issues or anything serious to worry about. I've owned CRAP bikes like my Kawasaki ZX-11, and had a 25% chance of getting to work without it breaking down.

I came home and thought about this forum, where most of the posts (mine included) consist of problems or issues that need correction. But this post is different. I'm just thankful to own a V-Max - again (third one I've owned). It's reliable and runs great. Take a minute to be thankful. We Americans sometimes have a problem with always wanting more, and not satisfied... greedy, I guess. I passed many Hungarians today on bicycles because they cannot afford the $8/gallon of fuel.

Took this photo today...

*Blessed*

I like your thinking, I'm also on my 3rd V-max but I do have to say that I absolutely loved my 94 ZX-11, faultless, In fact I recently looked at another second had one. We are lucky and I thank myself for everything that I have, most days. Some of our 1st world problems just seem like a sick joke to those with real problems. Oh damn, my bike isn't charging, Oh damn, is that a small drip of oil from somewhere? I guess I'll just have to jump into one of my 3 other vehicles and drive to the shops to by something else I want but don't actually need, oh well. Louis CK does some great stand up about it.

Matt

Great perspective. Over the last few years I have started to learn when its time to stop looking for more. I learned this when I started watching where my money goes. As long as it's fast enough for me to enjoy it doesn't have to be the fastest one in existence. Not just for bikes but automotive projects in general. Get it right and enjoy!

Bought mine just about 5 years ago, added a few small mods but the powertrain is still 100% stock, plenty fast for me and with 36K on the clock it will still smoke the tire when I ask it to, I ride often and hard, it's the bike I wanted back in "85" but was smart enough to wait till I was older before getting one!...............:biglaugh:...........Tom.

Went on about a 60 mile "ride to lunch" with some other riders today. I traded with a friend for part of the ride - he has a GSX-R 1000, and we always talk smack to each other. His bike has some mods, and super powerful. We switched back and my friend said my V-Max has much more power than he thought it would.

Perfect temperature, perfect weather. My V-Max is running VERY good. I have no starting issues or anything serious to worry about. I've owned CRAP bikes like my Kawasaki ZX-11, and had a 25% chance of getting to work without it breaking down.

I came home and thought about this forum, where most of the posts (mine included) consist of problems or issues that need correction. But this post is different. I'm just thankful to own a V-Max - again (third one I've owned). It's reliable and runs great. Take a minute to be thankful. We Americans sometimes have a problem with always wanting more, and not satisfied... greedy, I guess. I passed many Hungarians today on bicycles because they cannot afford the $8/gallon of fuel.

Took this photo today...

*Blessed*

WE AMERICANS???
And all this time i thought i was talking to a hungarian-damn-:rofl_200:

I will totally agree with you 100%. I have ride with a lot of other bikes, lots of Harley's and lots of rockets, and they are all amazed at the power and semi handling of the Vmax. Nobody likes the weight of them but man can we move!! I have my vboost unplugged and manually set to all time and rockets can't touch me at low end, and have run by me as I let off lol, but it's such a great feeling to own the iconic muscle bike, and it's a head turner for sure. Congrats on your ride, and your compliments!! Keep the Vmax alive n strong!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back