Bragging Rights..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive, bill.
But please share how the bike has been driven (thrashed or babied?), what kind of maintenance it's required, how often the valves have been adjusted, what components have failed during it's lifetime.
This would help any owner that plans on putting big miles on their bike. Those folks that like to tour.
Cheers!

Impressive, bill.
But please share how the bike has been driven (thrashed or babied?), what kind of maintenance it's required, how often the valves have been adjusted, what components have failed during it's lifetime.
This would help any owner that plans on putting big miles on their bike. Those TEN OF US that like to tour.
Cheers!

Fixed it for ya, Miles.

I totally want to know as well, though, Bill. It would be nice to stock up on factory parts that might be needed later.

Fixed it for ya, Miles.

I totally want to know as well, though, Bill. It would be nice to stock up on factory parts that might be needed later.

Groovy, Dave. Well said. We gotta pick the brains of the big mileage folks! They know what fails, what spare parts to carry!
Hope your trip on "the rock" is going well. See you on your return trip, Bye:eusa_dance:

Yeah. I don't need a speedo cable anymore, but if I should have any hard parts that might be wearing out or could use replacing before a trip, that would be good to know. Even if it's reservoir gaskets and things. I fixed my phone so I'll be able to update you on my progress more than once a day on the way back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When I get a little time, I am going to start a thread on the work I did, and parts I replaced on the bike. I hope other high milers would add to the knowledge base. Maybe the info would help some others who plan on cracking 100,000 miles..

I can totally see this bike doing 150,000 or more before needing internal engine work..

Impressive, bill.
This would help any owner that plans on putting big miles on their bike. Those ELEVEN OF US that like to tour.
Cheers!
Re-fixed it. Why do you think I've been making the needed changes to my bike. I hope to be able to take her down to Baltimore next summer...

Wait, I meant you WERE one of the ten... So you were already included. What a mess. No good deed goes unpunished --or auto-corrected.

Not trying to hijack this topic, but touring... not really for me. I do ride with a Hungarian Yamaha riders group any chance I get. But the poor guys need to always stop for ME to refuel. And always asking ME how much fuel I have. I just can't hang with them very well. I feel like I'm the anchor. :moped:

Not trying to hijack this topic, but touring... not really for me. I do ride with a Hungarian Yamaha riders group any chance I get. But the poor guys need to always stop for ME to refuel. And always asking ME how much fuel I have. I just can't hang with them very well. I feel like I'm the anchor. :moped:

I have been eyeballing the coyote touring tanks and plan to add one behind the backrest. I love to tour and figure anything less than a 200 mi range is inadequate. Maybe something like that would be useful to you. I saw them on eBay.

I have a tour tank setup thread in the user mods section of the forum. The gas cap is my only issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When I get a little time, I am going to start a thread on the work I did, and parts I replaced on the bike. I hope other high milers would add to the knowledge base. Maybe the info would help some others who plan on cracking 100,000 miles..

I can totally see this bike doing 150,000 or more before needing internal engine work..

No reason why it shouldn't as long as it's ridden half decently sane.

It's sired by the Venture engine, which quite routinely snugs up to the 200,000 mark. I personally think guys just get tired of them and/or get "new-bike-itis" rather than the bike not being able to go any more.

There's a guy on the Venture boards that's getting ready to break 300,000. The bike is somewhat...."distressed"....but it's still going. Hasn't had 2nd gear since about 40,000 apparently....lol!

Very nice Bill. Keep the miles racking up. One part on the list is a fuel pump and that lasted 100k!!

Back