The perfect exhaust- What would you want?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, no center stand is not convenient for maintenance, I like the Kerker 4/1 sound, but no centerstand is unfortunate. I have a Kerker 4/1 sitting on the shelf but don't want to make the bracket cut. The UFO 4/1 allows you to use the centerstand for maintenance but you cannot leave it in place to ride. No bracket cutting, either.

No center stand is the only reason I never went Kerker.

Running a UFO now. I bought it 2nd hand. The PO re-packed the cans which helped to eliminate the raspy sound but it is still very loud. I can put the centerstand on but I can't fit the OEM bolts in there. Just some 3/8 bolts fit. It works though.

Had a Hindle 4-1 too which was much more mellow sounding than the UFO setup. It allowed bolting on the centerstand for maintenance.

The no centerstand is an issue for me as well; plus having to cut the bracket took it off my list as a exhaust. I rode next Zak at a Brownie run and fell in love with the sound.
Another thing is that Mark's is a 4-2 which maintains the symmetry that keeps the looks balanced.

I love that I still have the use of my center stand with my hindle. That is something I am hoping to be able to retain with this new setup. I love the 4-1, but the true 4-1 exhaust just sits so low. With my bike being lowered, i really have to be mindful of the paths I take when riding. I love the 4-1 and I love how low my bike is. Not sure where to make the compromise lol

The Kerker Comp Baffle sounds SO ridiculously awesome. I recall my brother riding his '87 to car night and all the Hemicudas and others perked up when they thought another small block was coming around the corner. The ORIGINAL Hindle sounded REALLY good too, and if I'm not wrong, could be tuned to produce more HP on the top end than the Kerker. The newer Hindle exhausts are much more tame for db now.

I think I’d like to make my own exhaust. Fat ass pipes, with a couple cherry bombs, sorry Dannymax but I have to steel that idea lol. I care not a bit about how loud it is, and that test motor sounds awesome lol. Maybe shorten up how far they stick up, giving it a much more modern bike look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has fired up his bike without the Mark's cans on. It sounds awesome. Not a good idea to run like that though.Cutting my cans back a few inches might happen this winter. Some of the stuffing got removed when I took my end caps off for powder coating. I tossed it instead of packing it back in. It is still is quieter than I expected it to be when I bought it. A nice deep roar at speed, my riding partner Christian tells me.

Kerker header with a glasspack stubby from the Supershops, an auto parts house that closed back in the early 80s. My bike shown in 2012, basket case to present.
A definite small block with a cam and headers sound.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20160717_152400.jpg
    20160717_152400.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 54
Kerker header with a glasspack stubby from the Supershops, an auto parts house that closed back in the early 80s. My bike shown in 2012, basket case to present.

Didn't they sponsor Gene Snow in his T/F dragster?

I really like the covers on the red bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys apparently heard one of our Muscle Marks systems? The mufflers that I get vary but the premise is a large diameter can for depth of tone, some length (not too much) for sound control, and a large pass through for flow. Still loud under load but a super deep rumble (i'm going to say the deepest tone i've ever hear on a Vmax).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S88URl5jrk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfpgR1JuZQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aJMUsJNyrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqeUTq-jROI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M50I71iFX7c

Attachments

• 18342738_10207259570807809_1695881064759379519_n.jpg
    18342738_10207259570807809_1695881064759379519_n.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 18402931_10207259570527802_2411308747417773317_n.jpg
    18402931_10207259570527802_2411308747417773317_n.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Carbon - Standard.jpg
    Carbon - Standard.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 52
Marks pipes are the ticket. And the Jon Cornel Cool Sound mufflers ( if you can find a set ) are the one to add to your Beast. There are no mufflers on the market that sound like those.

The looks of the OEM but with the sound of the Race Comp Kerker baffle, and a close second of the original '80s Hindle baffle.

Yep..... I had the pleasure of hearing the Kerker at a Brownie Run......WOW!!!

But the stock exhaust is the best look in my opinion....

The nicest and most functional exhausts Ive ever seen in all my years and 3 Vmaxes later: DAM Exhaust out of Belgium, such a beautiful setup for the 1st gen

I looked up DAM exhaust and they look gorgeous. Does anyone have any experience with them? Unless I'm looking at the exchange rate wrong they are priced right. Between 750 and 850 Euro's with a strong exchange rate in our favor. Definitely worth considering.

Latest posts

Back