Speedometer light out!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFCMcGan

Reaction score
I searched to no avail.... anyone know how to change the speedo back light? Mine is cooked.

I did the red LEDs from the threads Mike posted, and they look great. I highly suggest doing the LED bulbs. Cheap and easy to change.

I did the red LEDs from the threads Mike posted, and they look great. I highly suggest doing the LED bulbs. Cheap and easy to change.
I think thats the route I am going to take also... they use less power and tend to be brighter... is a resister requires like when changing to LED turn signals?

Yes. You will need to purchase a resistor for each turn signal. I do not recall what the specs were on the resistors, but the guy behind the counter handed me the LED signals and some resistors, and they worked. No resistors needed for any of the instrument panel LED's though.

So.. I am removing the headlight so I can get to the speedo cable.... I see a plug that has come undone... plug it in... BAM! speedo light... I have already orderd a bunch of red led's so I will end up doing the gauge cluster anyways.

I do have a question on the turn signals... I put a customLED.com resistor on each turn signal and I still get all 4 flashing at once... any ideas?

So.. I am removing the headlight so I can get to the speedo cable.... I see a plug that has come undone... plug it in... BAM! speedo light... I have already orderd a bunch of red led's so I will end up doing the gauge cluster anyways.

I do have a question on the turn signals... I put a customLED.com resistor on each turn signal and I still get all 4 flashing at once... any ideas?

I would think a resitor would have done the trick. Unless it was installed improperly or not large enough.

I spent $1 at radio shack and was able to fix my erratic flashing issues. See this thread.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=10877

Latest posts

Back