Carb ballance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aitchy

Reaction score
Hi all decided to get my vmax back running its been stood for a good few years i have truned it over a good few times in the mean time ..i have had the carbs sorted new batt clean fuel but its running like a dog big time will start ok on choke letting the engine warm up but soon as i take of choke it cuts out i know the carbs will need to be balanced but struggling big time ( ps i am a novice) thanks for any info Aitchy

Thanks Bill but aitchy is overseas and had Exactrep rebuild his carbs.

aitchy, Harry needs one of these....every set of carbs we do gets test run on this bike and sync'd before going out. You will need to get a Morgan Carbtune or similar instrument to sync your carbs or find a local shop or buddy who can do this for you.

Attachments

• 100_3426.jpg
    100_3426.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 147
If you have can change the oil and brakes on the bike, you can learn how to work on the carbs. I had to work on my carbs 3 times so it's good to no how it works on the inside.

But if don't have the time to pull the carbs apart you can send them to few guy's in this forum.

Attachments

• P1020667.JPG
    P1020667.JPG
    399.8 KB · Views: 208
  • vmax carbs fix 1.JPG
    vmax carbs fix 1.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 225
  • vmax carbs parts.jpg
    vmax carbs parts.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 187
Good morning dannymax... thanks for your help on my bike. On my out to work cold cold in MD.

Thanks Bill but aitchy is overseas and had Exactrep rebuild his carbs.

aitchy, Harry needs one of these....every set of carbs we do gets test run on this bike and sync'd before going out. You will need to get a Morgan Carbtune or similar instrument to sync your carbs or find a local shop or buddy who can do this for you.

Any time you get into the carbs, you will ALWAYS need to sync them afterwards, and you cant do that until they are back on the bike. Morgan builds a GREAT sync tool.

If you need help syncing the carbs, there are several people on this forum that can walk you thru the steps.

http://www.carbtune.com/

Thanks chaps the carbs have been serviced by extrapt its just that when i take it of choke it cuts out i presume they can not be balanced while the choke is still on if you get my drift i have got a set of gauges to do the job

Latest posts

Back