Reserve sensor not working

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkuberek

Reaction score
a couple of days ago I forgot to keep track of my miles and ran out of gas. That's when I realized the reserve never kicked in. I had the switch in the right place and the sensor worked a couple of weeks back.

I couple of weeks back I had to fix a burnt connector in my ignition switch, could this be a related electrical problem?

Any tips on troubleshooting it would be great.

Thanks

If the switch diagnostics check out properly check the connections on the bottom of the tank to make sure there is nothing wrong there. You can also use a flashlight to check the fuel sensor in the tank. It is basically stands straight up in the tank from the sensor on the bottom of the tank. When my in-tank sensor quit working the wire had broken near the bottom (see picture below)
Vmax fuel sensor-l225.jpg

Just got done fixing one for a customer (on this board too). Ended up having a bad sending unit though his wire was intact with no visual issues.

Try grounding the green wire and see if the reserve light comes on. That at least checks all the rest of the circuit.

Latest posts

Back