Tall guy Vmax comfort mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any issues scraping with the lower pegs? I want mine lower but afraid to scrape, so may need to go with a taller seat.

Any issues scraping with the lower pegs? I want mine lower but afraid to scrape, so may need to go with a taller seat.
Click that maxgasser ad at the top or bottom of the screen. Rick makes an unbelievably comfortable and great looking seat.

I tried the Buell pegs and scraped them several times.

I decided I needed a rework. I modeled the bike in SolidWorks (just basic shapes) to find the best compromise between comfort and lean angle. I ended up moving the pegs forward 4", down 1", and in 1.5".

My main riding buddies ride an 1100 Monster, a 954RR and an R1. With the radials, I can push it with them all day and haven't scraped yet. Honestly, we had one run up the North Shore of Lake Superior that we should all go to prison for...and I never touched peg to asphalt.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455510385.350317.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455510399.429838.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455510422.699574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman 30mm, 24mm and 13mm combination wrenches.

I figured if I messed up on a bend, I could bring it back and say I dropped it. Lifetime warranty and all.

I actually bought a Snap-on for the main lever but chose to use Craftsman for two reasons:

1. Represent the tools I actually use
2. Once modified, it would have been hard to tell the lever used to be a wrench. Snap-ons are just too fancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back