Replacement NON OEM Stators

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypocycloid3

Reaction score
Was just wondering if there are some others who have opinions one way or the other on the non OEM Stators for sale from Ricks Motorsport Electric out of Hampstead, NH?

Senior Member Bill Seward mentions them in this post http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=326462#post326462 - from 2013 but was just hoping to maybe get a consensus how these hold up over an extended time and if there is any concern with the additional power generated by the upgraded windings they claim to come with.

Didn't need one on my Vmax, but I've used a Rick's stator every time I've needed to install a new one on a bike. Great quality, usually better than OEM.

I have used Ricks numerous times on all kinds of bikes & have never had a problem with them.

I am sure there like any one else & have a bad one from time to time but I have not seen it.

I bought a Ricks Motorsports stator for my 89 Venture Royale , no problems at all, that was a couple years ago.

I have Electrosport stator in my Max and my GS. The one in the gs is a few years old, works great. They are "overwound" for higher output. Rick's makes great quality stuff also.

Does anyone know the difference in output between stock and Rick's? Also, does Rick's have different outputs available? If you get a higher output stator, do you need to make any other changes (r&r, etc)?

I cannot run all my accessories/lights at the same time without depleting my battery. (Odyssey). And this is at constant highway speeds.

Does anyone know the difference in output between stock and Rick's? Also, does Rick's have different outputs available? If you get a higher output stator, do you need to make any other changes (r&r, etc)?

I cannot run all my accessories/lights at the same time without depleting my battery. (Odyssey). And this is at constant highway speeds.

I purchased the 21-405 model from Rick's. This is also the same model listed for the 1300 cc Ventures. If memory serves me correctly, at the time I did some further digging, and found that the OEM stator puts out 350 watts, while the 21-405 claims 400 watts. As D-man points out, the 21-405H puts out an extra 20% more, which would mean about 480 watts! For an extra $20.00! An extra 130 watts more than OEM! Enough to support TWO extra high beams! (or one s_ _tload of other accessories)
No, you do not have to change out anything else. Installation is straightforward, just use some RTV sealant around the rubber grommet thingy.
Cheers!

One complaint I heard about a Rick's and he replaced it with new no hassle. Off topic, hey Redbone, New avatar of twelve year old is creeping me out. Maybe revisit her in ten years?!

She just looks young.

Quote:
Cintia Dicker is a Brazilian model. She was born in Campo Bom, Rio Grande do Sul, of German descent.
Born: June 12, 1986 (age 28), Campo Bom, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Height: 5' 10" (1.78 m)

You know her too??? omg_sign.gif Dennis, you sure get around! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Back