new bike....again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
well spring is here, and that's when I start wheeling & dealing bikes. I picked up this 03 Kawasaki Ninja 500. It hadn't run in a few years,...shot tires, dead battery, lots of little stuff., But it only had 17000 kilometers on it. So I found some good used tires and had them balanced,..got it running,..sound great. Every thing works. paid $300, put another $300 in parts.
I really didn't expect anything power wise from this little bike, but I got pleasantly surprised when I twisted the wick & let it scream to 11000rpm, LOL
What a fun bike. Gets up to 100mph pretty fast.!

2003%20500%20ninja%20001_zps7p15oijz.jpg

I bought a new 01 Vulcan 500cc years ago, and it sure didn't go like the ninja. They use the same motor as well. I do like the 6 speed tranny....... You can zoom 75mph down the highway with ease without taxing the crap out of the engine. I remember getting excellent fuel mileage with the Vulcan.

lastbikes_0003_zpsstyefdge.jpg

I had a little kawi 250 that i got for $100 and fightered/ratted out for around $30. Wasnt any great shakes in the acceleration dept, but it was good on gas and stylish in an i dont care/post apocalytic kinda way, lol.

Back