A/f screw extraction results

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a result of my inability to maintain a dead center pilot hole, the damn shell won't budge. Thankfully someone down the road has a full rack of carbs he is selling me for $200! I'll be selling off my rack for cheap if anyone is interested.... All but on carb with the siezed screw function great!

As a result of my inability to maintain a dead center pilot hole, the damn shell won't budge. Thankfully someone down the road has a full rack of carbs he is selling me for $200! I'll be selling off my rack for cheap if anyone is interested.... All but on carb with the siezed screw function great!
Cutting that sideways slot with a dremel for a standard screwdriver has not failed me yet.
If you can take that carb off I think Dannymax sell singles.

I purchased a 2006 with 13k Sept of 2015 and I had a frozen A/F screw as well. After taking the carbs to three different shops, and after three failed attempts and the screw progressively getting smoother. I found a local machine shop and they extracted it for $14.00.

I purchased a 2006 with 13k Sept of 2015 and I had a frozen A/F screw as well. After taking the carbs to three different shops, and after three failed attempts and the screw progressively getting smoother. I found a local machine shop and they extracted it for $14.00.

Did you get an opportunity to video this extraction :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back