Found a vmax what do you guys think

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

globber99

Reaction score
Currently I have a few bikes and I finally got an itch for a vmax. I have an 85 v65 magna, 2000 rc51, and an 06 r6 track bike. http://hudsonvalleymotorcycles.com/..., Bryan Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6000000001.jpg

Yes, clean & low miles. I think it's a fair price if it runs well, has no 2nd gear issues, and nothing leaks, like the forl seals, the rear shocks, and it doesn't 'mark the pavement' anywhere from the engine. Any crash damage, road rash on the footpeg ends, control levers, or the crash bars?

6400 miles - not even broken in yet.

My concern would be with carbs (no real riding time) and status of tires - maybe swapped once?

Pics look good - I'd also pay attention to the suspension - since the dealer is pretty close to NYC - 6400 miles on NYC roads....

They threw fresh tires on it today, and I already plan on rebuilding the carbs just for peace of mind and I've heard these carbs are pretty easy to work on. I do appreciate the list of stuff to pay attention to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm in central jersey, I put a deposit down. I'm heading up Wednesday morning to take a look, from how it was described to me it is in pristine shape. And for that price I expect pristine. Not gonna lie I'm pretty excited about it. Now all I need is a Madura to complete my v4 muscle bike collection.

For the bargain hunter, that's probably true, but especially coming from a dealer, $3.5K is a really-good price for a 6K mi bike. If it was a 2006 instead of a '96, it would be a great price.

It's a fair price, not a great one. :punk:

Might as well get an Aprilia RSV 4 or the Mille or Tuono while you're at it. Not really a muscle bike, but probably the fastest of all those.

I'm in central jersey, I put a deposit down. I'm heading up Wednesday morning to take a look, from how it was described to me it is in pristine shape. And for that price I expect pristine. Not gonna lie I'm pretty excited about it. Now all I need is a Madura to complete my v4 muscle bike collection.

Last edited:
...........and who here looking for a VMAX is not a bargain hunter? All I'm saying is for $3500 dollars, I'm sure I could find a better VMAX, especially if you started looking a few months ago. There's been a slight seasonal uptick in the last month or so, but there are still TONS of these bikes, in great shape, in the 3K dollar range.

Here in south FL, the good price seems to be the $3-5K range, lots have work done and/or accessories. The upper range for a '05-'07 w/low miles, asking price is usually more.

...........and who here looking for a VMAX is not a bargain hunter? All I'm saying is for $3500 dollars, I'm sure I could find a better VMAX, especially if you started looking a few months ago. There's been a slight seasonal uptick in the last month or so, but there are still TONS of these bikes, in great shape, in the 3K dollar range.

Buying from a private owner is always the less expensive way to go.

True, but for me to pick up at a dealership it was the better way to go. I was able to get better financing on the 07 thru Yamaha, than I could thru my personal bank. From a previous divorce, the X-wife got the house, put it up on the market, and it never sold (she never made a payment either) and it was repossessed. So, with a repo on my credit, I got better financing thru yamaha.....than my personal bank.

So there might be reasons why someone chooses to go thru a dealer.

True, but for me to pick up at a dealership it was the better way to go. I was able to get better financing on the 07 thru Yamaha, than I could thru my personal bank. From a previous divorce, the X-wife got the house, put it up on the market, and it never sold (she never made a payment either) and it was repossessed. So, with a repo on my credit, I got better financing thru yamaha.....than my personal bank.

So there might be reasons why someone chooses to go thru a dealer.

That is the problem with me selling bikes I can not finance them . It did not used to be a problem I could sell them usually in a weeks time or less for the asking price but the economy sucks & people don't seem to have extra money anymore for toys.

It seems like there is not much middle market left. I could sell 1,000 dollar bikes all day if I could get them or I can sell 15,000 dollar bikes if I could afford to buy them but the middle market just seems gone from what I have seen.

Latest posts

Back