Found a vmax what do you guys think

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now all I need is a Madura to complete my v4 muscle bike collection.Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lets not forget The 85 Kawasaki ZL 900 Eliminator.:eusa_dance: OOPs, I just saw V4. Shame on me.

You can also get a warranty from a dealership. Buy from an individual you don't know and it's "as is".

When I bought my 99 with 16k mi it was local CL for 3300, I got it for 3000 having just been serviced with full history. It was not quite as clean as the one in question here but still very nice and had the Kerker and Corbin. I combed the midwest on CL and Ebay and was unable to find better for less. An exceptionally clean low mile, ready to ride example at a dealer, in the early spring, not shabby IF thats their out the door price. Based on what I have seen you could do far worse at a dealer. Just make sure they dont plan to hit you with doc and other fees that might take the sweet edge off. It might be noteworthy that I found very few to choose from in this region.

If your planning on doctoring it up with exhaust and such it might be cheaper in the long run to pay a little more for one that has had some mods. The PO of mine showed over $2200 in receipts for the seat and exhaust alone and Im approaching $2000 into it myself to get it just right.

In any event it appears to be a darn nice bike.

I think it's a fair deal the 96 has 43mm forks spin on oil filter 4 pot front calipers a nice place to start if you want to personalize a VMAX

Having seen 'ragdog2011's' bike, which has a lot of stuff most guys covet, I value his opinion. This bike in the process of being purchased is a low-miles, later-model in clean condition, and you would hope that the dealership did some service to it besides hike the trade-in price 50% and put it onto the floor.

I think it's a fair deal the 96 has 43mm forks spin on oil filter 4 pot front calipers a nice place to start if you want to personalize a VMAX

I've always been a big fan of the '96 & '97 (and maybe '98 :confused2:) blacked out Max, and this looks like a really nice one. :thumbs up:

+1....If it runs as good as it looks it's a VG deal.

That is the problem with me selling bikes I can not finance them . It did not used to be a problem I could sell them usually in a weeks time or less for the asking price but the economy sucks & people don't seem to have extra money anymore for toys.

It seems like there is not much middle market left. I could sell 1,000 dollar bikes all day if I could get them or I can sell 15,000 dollar bikes if I could afford to buy them but the middle market just seems gone from what I have seen.

"Middle Market"= Middle Class (but this is a topic for another day) ;)

Man all this talk bout getting "great condition, low mi Bikes" for ~3500.
I got my 02 for 2600, 30K mi, sort of neglected (left out in sun/rain) faded paint, chipped forks, missing rear fender bald front tire. And I was happy as all heck to have it. :eusa_dance:

In CT (new England?) it seems like people wanting 5K+ for a normal "decent shape" Max.

From where I stand the OP got a pretty good deal. :)

Go for it. I paid 3K for my 94 with 17K miles. Did I pay to much ? Most likely. Would I do it again ? Without a doubt.

Back