2016 Illinois Vmax Rally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick52

Reaction score
Just a reminder about the May 13-15 Illinois Vmax Rally in Bloomington Illinois
Rick Rash

Just called Hawthorn Suites 309-829-8111
Had to mention the correct pricing ($69.95) for the single rooms (per Quentin Staker). The double is sold out for Sat but they have a fold out couch in the single rooms for any interested.

I am booked for Friday and Sat evenings. We'll try to make it there by the Friday night dinner ride (6:00) and then we'll head out on Sunday morning to get back home for the grind on Monday.

Sean

Wish i could make it, to much going on here in Arkansas to break free. Ok, the truth is I am afraid to ask the wife if I can go on yet another long motorcycle ride while she watches the business!

Anyone from the Michigan area coming to the Illinois Rally?
Rick

I'm only about 630 miles from Michigan Rick. What do you need? Maybe I can pick one up for you on the way. I'm famous for taking wrong turns, or completely missing a correct turn....and Shala will follow along knowingly w/o so much as a high sign to inform me of it. :bang head: lol

I'm only about 630 miles from Michigan Rick. What do you need? Maybe I can pick one up for you on the way. I'm famous for taking wrong turns, or completely missing a correct turn....and Shala will follow along knowingly w/o so much as a high sign to inform me of it. :bang head: lol

Attachments

• left-turn-at-albuquerque.jpg
    left-turn-at-albuquerque.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 12

Have you made your reservation for this rally yet, Eric? Ride up, and put your bike in the back of my truck, and you, too, can ride along with my next missed turn. It can be adventurous at times. :biglaugh:

Have you made your reservation for this rally yet, Eric? Ride up, and put your bike in the back of my truck, and you, too, can ride along with my next missed turn. It can be adventurous at times. :biglaugh:

No I havent. Ive got some parts on order for the bike, and found out last night that now they wont ship until the 9th. If I can make it, I will definitely be there. I need to make more rallys this year. last year I made Eureka Springs....and thats it.

Thanks for the invite, and I will keep you up to date on how things go.

I do have one question....the trailer that I have is very big, and its good for multiple bikes, but sometimes I just want to load the bike in the pickup. What ramps do you use?

No I havent. Ive got some parts on order for the bike, and found out last night that now they wont ship until the 9th. If I can make it, I will definitely be there. I need to make more rallys this year. last year I made Eureka Springs....and thats it.

Thanks for the invite, and I will keep you up to date on how things go.

I do have one question....the trailer that I have is very big, and its good for multiple bikes, but sometimes I just want to load the bike in the pickup. What ramps do you use?

I only have an 8' 2x12 with bolt on ends made to convert the board to a ramp. I have a very good ditch out front of the driveway with the perfect depth to back into and make the ramp a 'straight across' loading affair. To get the bike out at destination, is dependent upon what we can find when there, a couple times we've simply used man power to remove & reload a bike. I've done that with both a Gen 1 & Gen II before. At rallies, there's usually always a supply of man power and/or a hill to back up to...

I only have an 8' 2x12 with bolt on ends made to convert the board to a ramp. I have a very good ditch out front of the driveway with the perfect depth to back into and make the ramp a 'straight across' loading affair. To get the bike out at destination, is dependent upon what we can find when there, a couple times we've simply used man power to remove & reload a bike. I've done that with both a Gen 1 & Gen II before. At rallies, there's usually always a supply of man power and/or a hill to back up to...

For this IL rally, we'll be loading our bikes (on the Aluma trailer) on Thursday evening, and pulling out at o-dark thirty for the trip north. Probably piddle our way to Bloomington, and hope to arrive in plenty of time to offload the bikes, check in, etc.., and be ready for the Friday evening dinner spin.

I bet we can find a local outside dock
Or. Drive to the Yamaha dealer and unload. And. There are always ditches and hills to use. I will scope out an unloading area
Rick

Im sure 4 of us could offload a scoot safely if need be, it would be a snap with an ATV ramp.

Im cutting it close with work but I should be there and ready to assist on the 12th if the weather and bike cooperate. Its about 1000 miles so I will prolly take a couple days ride and an afternoon to visit friends there before the gathering. If you roll in early and need more hands just call my cell and I'll be there.

Im sure 4 of us could offload a scoot safely if need be, it would be a snap with an ATV ramp.

Im cutting it close with work but I should be there and ready to assist on the 12th if the weather and bike cooperate. Its about 1000 miles so I will prolly take a couple days ride and an afternoon to visit friends there before the gathering. If you roll in early and need more hands just call my cell and I'll be there.

Got it. :thumbs up:

Just put a good wide board in your truck. We will get it unloaded
Less than two weeks until the rally
Rick

I checked today. If you are unloading from a pick up truck there is a good hill by the Cracker Barrel to unload with. The longer the board the better
Rickg

I checked today. If you are unloading from a pick up truck there is a good hill by the Cracker Barrel to unload with. The longer the board the better
Rickg

As long as we can run inside and eat while there. Yummy! :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back