1st ride of the season.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
The weather finally warmed up nicely and all the snow is gone. It was a nice 74 degrees today, so I figured I would see how all my winter modifications worked.I had installed Shinko tires, redone the fork seals & oil. 15weight oil with 4lbs of Air. Then I put the frame braces on just because they look so mean. I also re grease the triple tree and set the pre load. Also dropped the rear by 3 inches. "home made lowering kit."
I had a new stretch of highway to test it out to. I took it up to 120kms "75mph" and did some lane changes. very stable.! Then up to 140kms "86mph" all was good. Took it up to 160 kms "100mph" and stayed at that speed for while. No hint of any thing ! Well lets try 180kms "112mph, backed right off the throttle..... no wiggle , all good. Ok,....twist the wick,..225kms , 140mph, and it was still picking up speed pretty good. I chickened out, LOL. But it was straight as an arrow and I felt in control , very stable and sure footed. I was more than impressed. All these changes made a Significant Difference.!! I get very positive feed back from the bike and feels planted.
I was surprised at the high speed I obtained with stock pipes, k&N filter, and jets. I could have very easily surpassed 140mph.
streach%20001_zpssgeeohc8.jpg

Really,...wow.

That might be optimistic. The Vmax speedo is known to be a bit optimistic. People on here that have pushed it to the redline all claim 145-150. Dman999 told me once that he was tracked by a vette, and will Dennis laying on the tank, and not even looking at the tach, I believe was 152-153.

Now you need to upgrade to radials, when these tires wear-out, and if you were impressed before you will be very surprised at the difference.

The bike looks great for the season.

Back