• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need factory muffler and pipes for gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ejwoodwork

Reaction score
I have a really nice set of holeshots on my 2005 Vmax and the guy who wants to buy it says they are too load??? Go figure. Well I'm looking for the OEM so it is quieter. Anyone have a set, want to trade?

I have a really nice set of holeshots on my 2005 Vmax and the guy who wants to buy it says they are too load??? Go figure. Well I'm looking for the OEM so it is quieter. Anyone have a set, want to trade?
Ive got some stockers but they are drilled out. I would imagine they woukd be quieter than your holeshots.

I got real decent set blk pipes and a perfect just about new set of blk chrome mufflers ff my 97...came off the bike in first 100 miles of it being new...would look sharp on a 06

I got real decent set blk pipes and a perfect just about new set of blk chrome mufflers ff my 97...came off the bike in first 100 miles of it being new...would look sharp on a 06

True....would look sharp with the black tank and red flames.

Ive got some stockers but they are drilled out. I would imagine they woukd be quieter than your holeshots.
Chris, if you kept the cover plates you can use self tapping screws like I did and just turn them 1/8 turn from their stock position and drill or rivet back in. Puts it right back to the stock sound.

Chris, if you kept the cover plates you can use self tapping screws like I did and just turn them 1/8 turn from their stock position and drill or rivet back in. Puts it right back to the stock sound.
Good to know. Idk why anyone woukd want a stock sounding vmax tho. They sounds so good with the exhaust opened up lol

Good to know. Idk why anyone woukd want a stock sounding vmax tho. They sounds so good with the exhaust opened up lol
I agree, I ran drilled stock pipes for years and Loved the sound.
But I do like the sound of my Supertrapps even more. ;)

Attachments

• Bridgestone-Exedra-max-right-rear-view.jpg
    Bridgestone-Exedra-max-right-rear-view.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 22
Id like to get a set of supertrapps eventually.
They sound really good with the open caps BUT they are pretty loud.
They sound like a small block V8.
When I do group rides I usually put 8 discs and the closed caps back on (which is almost as loud but the noise goes out to the side instead of straight backwards) so I don't irritate the guys behind me as much. ;)

They sound really good with the open caps BUT they are pretty loud.
They sound like a small block V8.
When I do group rides I usually put 8 discs and the closed caps back on so I don't irritate the guys behind me as much. ;)
Loud pipes save love dude[emoji48]

Back