Clutch line stock length.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dash

Reaction score
I need to know the stock length for the clutch line. I want to upgrade my brake and clutch lines, and I can easily measure the brake lines, but the clutch line is routed behind a ton of stuff. Gonna have the shop I go to make up the lines, because the stock straight banjo bolts are a pain when space is tight, but some 45* ones would be perfect.

I don't remember but even the ones we sell are a bit longer then they really need to be. I could try and remember to open a package and measure one. The fitting on the slave side is pretty unique though so you may or may not be able to get one from a generic shop that makes lines.

We charge $50-$70 depending on what colors you desire.

You can also run a line directly to the slave cylinder and utilize a banjo fitting eliminating the metal piping that has the special fitting. Sean can get you whatever size you need/ want.
If you decide to go stock be sure to be especially attentive when pulling the stock line off the slave side pipe connector, there is a small brass "olive" that seals the connection between the two. I didn't pay attention so I lost my "olive" and had to wait for a replacement from Sean.

I don't remember but even the ones we sell are a bit longer then they really need to be. I could try and remember to open a package and measure one. The fitting on the slave side is pretty unique though so you may or may not be able to get one from a generic shop that makes lines.

We charge $50-$70 depending on what colors you desire.

Ok, I will need to figure out exactly what I need as far as the banjo fitting at the master cylinder. I am thinking something around a 45* one, if you have it. Will be mounting my windshield this weekend, assuming the clamps come in tomorrow or Saturday. I need to know if I need to go around anything before I make my order, but I WILL be making an order.

Do you have the braided stainless in black, as well as black banjo fittings?.

I will also be ordering front brake lines as well. when I do this.

I have black with black fittings, silver with silver fittings, and black with silver fittings on hand. If you need a non stock fitting end i'd have to order it in and a little extra cost for the custom work. Here's an example of the galfer custom line form we filled out for another customer at one point. Another pic shows the colors available (all colors besides silver are extra cost).

$50 basic line
$10 colored fittings
$10 custom length
$15 postage (postage to me and back out to you).

You can use a banjo on the other end too though that is a pain since it requires removal of the mid gear cover for access.

Attachments

• 2012-10-29_16-46-09_766.jpg
    2012-10-29_16-46-09_766.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Custom Front 2 line order.jpg
    Custom Front 2 line order.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 20
Excellent. I shall have to make measurements tomorrow (or Saturday, depending on when the parts come in) to see exactly what I will need for the fittings. Hmmmm... black fittings with the silver line... that would be a nice color combo.

i know this is late but i just bought 5 ft of line and its almost perfect. stock line is probably about 4’ 10” good luck

Phil

Latest posts

Back