AMR 500 supercharger

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Anyone know much about these? I can get them here quite cheaply and it kinda looks like something that's doable size wise for the max.
I'm kinda thinking of doing a setup for a fun project although I don't currently feel like hacking up my bikes.
I might let our apprentice's Vmax become the guinea pig lol

I just posted up I acquired one the other day. A single should put out around 7 psi bring driven at a 1.6-1 ratio. If you set it up for 2 of them then plenty of boost and cool factor! I can send the one I have if needed.

Sean

I just posted up I acquired one the other day. A single should put out around 7 psi bring driven at a 1.6-1 ratio. If you set it up for 2 of them then plenty of boost and cool factor! I can send the one I have if needed.

Sean

I should have paid more attention to your email the other day where you did mention this actual unit to me.

I'm all keen to do it, it seems pretty straight forward. I would want to offer a single unit at first but would look at a double unit further down the track.

The idea would be to offer a really simple bolt on affair that anyone could do without pulling the motor down to replace pistons etc.

I know it might not perform as much as some other serious efforts could, but that's not my goal.

We can manufacture the pulley's, drive spigot, mounts, brackets and anything else required to make it all work.

The goals are LOW cost, great looks, great sound and a reasonable performance hit.

Now we are talking!... this is something I'm really really interested in. I think I have some info on those chargers that I can email you Steve. That's one of the blowers I looked about a couple years back when I was pursuing that option. I think i have some graphs or other numbers for that unit...

By the way this is my 2500th post biatches! And what a post...

:th_image003:

Now we are talking!... this is something I'm really really interested in. I think I have some info on those chargers that I can email you Steve. That's one of the blowers I looked about a couple years back when I was pursuing that option. I think i have some graphs or other numbers for that unit...

By the way this is my 2500th post biatches! And what a post...

:th_image003:

Cool, if you can email some info that would be great.
My concern is really how the blower manifold is constructed. Presumably mounted to a collector type box arrangement with runners back to the carbs?
I was wondering if the original intake runners can be hooked up?
The rest of it seems pretty straight forward.

I was trying to access my cloud to retrieve the info I have because I have the stuff on my laptop and I'm on my tablet right now. WiFi sucks so I got stuck. sent you an email with some info I got online but I have some more. The nest way to do it in my opinion is to set it up like a magna charger because its a vertical flow type of blower even though it can work laying on the side. Use a draw through carb and a plenum chamber made of the 4 intakes into a common chamber flanged for the lower face of the blower. The snout will have to be extended for the offset of the crank pulley adapter

I was trying to access my cloud to retrieve the info I have because I have the stuff on my laptop and I'm on my tablet right now. WiFi sucks so I got stuck. sent you an email with some info I got online but I have some more. The nest way to do it in my opinion is to set it up like a magna charger because its a vertical flow type of blower even though it can work laying on the side. Use a draw through carb and a plenum chamber made of the 4 intakes into a common chamber flanged for the lower face of the blower. The snout will have to be extended for the offset of the crank pulley adapter

Yes that's what I imagined. So it should look kinda like a lunch box with the 4 intakes running off to each carb with the charger mounted at the top?

Yep, OR, hang it off to the side and make a log to connect it.

I'm in the process of sending you another email Steve but the damn tablet is not cooperating, probably because the attaches are about 20megas. Let it burn. If it doesn't go through I send it separate.

I'm in the process of sending you another email Steve but the damn tablet is not cooperating, probably because the attaches are about 20megas. Let it burn. If it doesn't go through I send it separate.

Got it thanks Fred. Those pictures are great, tons of info there.

I'm going to buy the AMR 500 that's available here and build from there.
I should have it in my hands next week.

Got it thanks Fred. Those pictures are great, tons of info there.

I'm going to buy the AMR 500 that's available here and build from there.
I should have it in my hands next week.

anything else you may need information wise and I can provide let me know. Sean what carb do you think should be suitable? Weber range? One thing would be badass. Instead of intake manifolds getting throttle bodies underneath the plenum and inject the bitch... that would be more work but its an option and with the new ignitech EFI controllers hmmm I'm thinking out loud... :eusa_dance:

Oh another good unit is the small fageol blowers. Maintenance free with Teflon seals and very well built. Lost a deal on a new one a while back and got really pissed. People use them on the small ford V6 engines if I recall correctly.

Weber, Small 2 barrel, or even brackets to reuse half the vmax rack (the other half would go on the blower on the other side!).

Sean

Back