Rub mark on 170 rear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've put the new shinko on and done a couple 100km. Lots of clearance on the swingarm and leans into turns better than before.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

What size shinko at was it wider then the stick size? If so, washer swap did the trick? I ask cause I'm in serious need of a tire and considering the shinko but wanna run just a tad wider then stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shinko I got was a 170. I wouldn't try any wider

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Here's a picture of the rub mark and another of the gap. It's not touching now, the gap looks the same as it's always been - about 4 or 5 mm. It almost looks to me like it is from something other than the swing arm but I won't really know until the wheel is off. Air pressure is fine.

To me, this looks like contact is being made at speed, during a high speed right sweeping turn. Washer swap would increase the distance between swing arm and the two areas of the tire - potentially eliminating the issue.

Point is that the tire does and will flex during riding - so if you are going hard on the right edge of the tire, the weight of the rider and bike will naturally flex the entire tire (with sidewalls) to the left. This is why you see gap and clearance on the centerstand...

As others have stated, proper tire pressure will help - as higher pressure will minimize the amount of sidewall flex.

Latest posts

Back