Need new front tire, recommendations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
Stock rim.
Mainly highway riding, so looking more for longevity than performance.
What brand and model do you recommend.

The shinkos grab good but I always got poor mileage. If mileage is your goal I'd lean more toward the metz me880

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Radial or bias ply?

Thank you; radial.
I currently have Bridgestone Battleaxe T30F 110/80/18.
First set of tires. Handling could be better, but mileage is key at this point. I want to say that the front only lasted me an oil change; IIRC 34psi.

I take it, the 120s fit on the stock rim. All you did was plus size? Did you go down on the sidewall at all in order to clear?

Unfortunately the Shinko Tourmasters are bias ply. I had asked if you were running Bias or radials, because in your description of the bike, you mentioned a 180 tire or "tyre". A 180 is a radial.

Thank you; radial.
I currently have Bridgestone Battleaxe T30F 110/80/18.
First set of tires. Handling could be better, but mileage is key at this point. I want to say that the front only lasted me an oil change; IIRC 34psi.

Wow....I wouldnt have expected that, thats not a lot of mileage at all. Ive looked at the T30's because there isnt a lot of choices in the stock rim size.

Here's what I bought before, and got about 8000 miles out of it. Avon Storm 2 Ultra HP/Track Motorcycle Tire Front -110/80-18 58W

It seemed to handle pretty well, and didnt have issues out of it. It rode well.

I did NOT like the avon venom R, that I put on the rear though.

EDIT**** I just looked, and they dont sell them any more. They have been replaced by the Storm 3D. http://www.avonmoto.com/products/sport-touring/storm-3d-x-m

I've heard a 120 radial doesn't fit the stock rim well.

No experience myself. Just what I've read here.

I know I've run a bias in 120 with no issues

I've heard a 120 radial doesn't fit the stock rim well.

No experience myself. Just what I've read here.

I know I've run a bias in 120 with no issues

Yep, Ive read the same thing. I believe that it was Gamorg. I had even messaged him about it, and he said that he didnt like the ride at all with the 120 Radial.

Called around today.
Here is what I found in stock; 110/80/18

Avon AM26 $113.99
Metz Lazerteck $127.99
Dunlop Roadsmart 2 $137.99

I believe that the Lazerteck are bia.

Mount and balance: $12/$50 .

Leaning toward the Dunlops.

Called around today.
Here is what I found in stock; 110/80/18

Avon AM26 $113.99
Metz Lazerteck $127.99
Dunlop Roadsmart 2 $137.99

I believe that the Lazerteck are bia.

Mount and balance: $12/$50 .

Leaning toward the Dunlops.

I put the Avon AM26 on my 90 and love it.. One of my vmax that is the only brand of tire I have run on it is Avon's pretty good road life and great traction.. I have a Avon Corbra on the back.. Love it..

Front-
https://www.denniskirk.com/avon/fro...kwall-tire-90000000681.p543189.prd/543189.sku

Rear-
https://www.denniskirk.com/avon/rea...kwall-tire-90000021764.p544740.prd/544740.sku

Latest posts

Back