Galfer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestdaledave

Reaction score
I'll try to make this as short as possible. Couple of years ago I bought S.S. front brake lines, two front rotors, one rear rotor and pads. Upon installation I had a severe front brake pulsation. Contacted Galfer Tech. Ran me around in circles concerning installation. Finally sent the front rotors back. The problem was the rotors was too tight on the carriers. They loosen them up and returned back to me. Brake pulsation was gone but now they were so loose that they would rattle at low speeds. I thought to myself, "Fuck it, I'm riding my Bike". I should have sent them right back but I didn't. Now I'm in Mexcio and some of the road surface is terrible. Rotors rattling like crazy and I'm becoming unsettled about the rotors staying on the carriers. I remove them and send them back to Galfer. I tell them I want them tighten and beadblasted. I call them after UPS delivers them. Customer Service quotes me a price of $330. I ask them if they could help me out on the price since I've never been satisfied with the product and I can get a different brand, new, for about the same price. Customer Service will have to get back to me. Later in the day I talk with them and I am quoted $200 for everything. I agree and thank them. Then I get a call later and am informed that the carriers are no good and will have to be replaced at more money but the kicker is that they have none, on back order, and they are unable to tell me when they will get more. They are waiting for a shipment from some country I never heard of. But they have some good used carriers they could use and it would cost me less. I once again agree. I received them on Saturday. Now this is the interesting twist. I inspected them of course and they are my old carriers. I made a small mark on them so I could tell the left side from the right side. Yup, my mark was on them. Monday will be interesting when I call back.
Forestdaledave

That really sucks Dave. You would think that a company that has a high dollar product would have better practices.

Go tell them to f|_|ck themselves, request your money back and buy chinese... What a bunch of crap. They have to give warranty on that high dollar stuff...

I'll try to make this as short as possible. Couple of years ago I bought S.S. front brake lines, two front rotors, one rear rotor and pads. Upon installation I had a severe front brake pulsation. Contacted Galfer Tech. Ran me around in circles concerning installation. Finally sent the front rotors back. The problem was the rotors was too tight on the carriers. They loosen them up and returned back to me. Brake pulsation was gone but now they were so loose that they would rattle at low speeds. I thought to myself, "Fuck it, I'm riding my Bike". I should have sent them right back but I didn't. Now I'm in Mexcio and some of the road surface is terrible. Rotors rattling like crazy and I'm becoming unsettled about the rotors staying on the carriers. I remove them and send them back to Galfer. I tell them I want them tighten and beadblasted. I call them after UPS delivers them. Customer Service quotes me a price of $330. I ask them if they could help me out on the price since I've never been satisfied with the product and I can get a different brand, new, for about the same price. Customer Service will have to get back to me. Later in the day I talk with them and I am quoted $200 for everything. I agree and thank them. Then I get a call later and am informed that the carriers are no good and will have to be replaced at more money but the kicker is that they have none, on back order, and they are unable to tell me when they will get more. They are waiting for a shipment from some country I never heard of. But they have some good used carriers they could use and it would cost me less. I once again agree. I received them on Saturday. Now this is the interesting twist. I inspected them of course and they are my old carriers. I made a small mark on them so I could tell the left side from the right side. Yup, my mark was on them. Monday will be interesting when I call back.
Forestdaledave

Sorry to here that Dave. I've been eye balling the cheapo rotors and thiink I might give them a chance for sure, NOW. I remember what you went through when you first put them on.
Steve-o

No no no, that kind of bullshit is not real even in PL...IMHO this goes under scam and someone (police here in PL) should take core of it.
I always tought Galfer is a realible compeny...

i had similar issues with my rear galfer nonfloating rear. it warped within 200 miles.

Jeez, that really sucks Dave!! I never would have expected that from Galpher....gonna avoid them from now on!

Hope it works out in your favor!

Although, it is good to hear from you! :clapping:

Sorry to here that Dave. I've been eye balling the cheapo rotors and thiink I might give them a chance for sure, NOW. I remember what you went through when you first put them on.
Steve-o

I have no regrets on them, they've worked flawlessly since the day I put them on. Toby Huang is the guy to get them from on eBay. I'm not sure about the other vendors.

Let me know if you don't get as good resolution. Maybe I can help a bit on my end.

This is the end result of my beef with Galfer unless Sean wants to get involved. I don't think I would be getting back my 170.49. I have tested the bike and the brakes work good. But yesterday I did call Galfer and talked to a fellow named Robert after a couple of voice mails. He tells me that he has my carriers there. At first he said they were on his desk and was looking at them. That the carriers I had came off a show bike and was never used. That my carriers that I sent in were in fact no good. That the carriers sent me somehow were marked in the exact same manner as the ones I marked and sent with my rotors. I told him the chances of that happening were like winning Power-Ball. He told me he would take a picture of my old carriers and email that to me to prove he was right. I told him, better yet send me my old carriers since they were no good. He flatly refused. I have not recieved an email with pictures. Yet he didn't know how they were marked since I never told anybody exactly how I marked them. But if he had them to look at he would know. The only thing I could do now is write to Corporate. But I don't have their email or address.
David

What a lie! He should have said "We noticed yours had a reference line on them, so we made an identical mark on the new ones".....would have at least been believable.
"Marked in the exact same manner"? :ummm:

Man, that's 'bobbing & weaving' at it's worst!!

I orignally was dealing with a woman in customer service,Amanda, I believe) but she was caught in the middle then I was sent over to a fellow named Robert at 805-988-2900. He woulde be the one to talk too.
Dave

This is the end result of my beef with Galfer unless Sean wants to get involved. I don't think I would be getting back my 170.49. I have tested the bike and the brakes work good. But yesterday I did call Galfer and talked to a fellow named Robert after a couple of voice mails. He tells me that he has my carriers there. At first he said they were on his desk and was looking at them. That the carriers I had came off a show bike and was never used. That my carriers that I sent in were in fact no good. That the carriers sent me somehow were marked in the exact same manner as the ones I marked and sent with my rotors. I told him the chances of that happening were like winning Power-Ball. He told me he would take a picture of my old carriers and email that to me to prove he was right. I told him, better yet send me my old carriers since they were no good. He flatly refused. I have not recieved an email with pictures. Yet he didn't know how they were marked since I never told anybody exactly how I marked them. But if he had them to look at he would know. The only thing I could do now is write to Corporate. But I don't have their email or address.
David

DO IT ....... NOW . All corporations are listed with the state. ( They also have to have an agent for service listed ). Tech # 800-685-6633 , [email protected]

Last edited:
What a bunch of crap... Do they really need to step on the turd for such a small thing? You're being screwed big time. Do all at your reach to give him shit like he gave you... Best of luck mate...

Latest posts

Back