i PLEASE HELP FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS IS !

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blinker fluid control valve??

It does look like part of a valve
stainless-steel-valve-seat-16602-4635925.jpg

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/alfa-laval/stainless-steel-valves-seat-16602-408531.html

i THAT'S IT , YOU GUY'S GAVE UP ALREADY ? :confused2: I GAVE MY WORD THAT YOU GUY'S WOULD FIGURE IT OUT ! :punk:

It's nothing. Nothing but a project by a student machinist to show his capabilities to design and manufacture a fairly complex item, probably using CNC equipment.
OR perhaps made by a machine shop itself, for display purposes, to again demonstrate their capabilities.
I have seem similar whatchamacallits at local shops that I sometimes had to deal with.
Cheers!

That flange on the 'pipe-side' w/its v-shaped lip contour, that's there to allow another mating piece w/a similar but opposite profile to mate to it, so a v-shaped clamp can fit over the pair and provide a high-pressure-capable coupling. The side port must be for some cooling or temperature-sensing connection. I think it's part of some sort of chemical or food production installation, and just a small fixture for the whole complex equipment.

For lack of a better term, it's a 'fluid coupling widget.':punk:

As I said I firmly believe it's a turbo component piece. Definitely a valve housing of some sort.

I figured it out-It is a surefire device built especially for finding out how many goofball answers you can get on one thread on a v-max site!!!!

Back