What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the quality of these models. Rubber tires and what not.
I wonder if they'd offer a discount if multiple models are ordered.

Blue1.JPGBlue2.jpgBlue3.JPG
Blue4.JPGRed1.JPGRed2.JPG
Red3.JPGred4.JPGRed5.JPG

I seen on fleabay someone srewed an eye hook into replica vmax and is selling on fleabay as a Christmas ornament $ 19.00... I want one !!

IMHO I think one on the tree would get lost in all that green. Now if you had 20 of them,, that would be sweet..:biglaugh:

Install new handle bar riser, new Yamaha resin reflector sticker, remounted altruman made a little bracket to keep him from moving. The 1st time i install him fell off.

Attachments

• vmax update bleededing 422.jpg
    vmax update bleededing 422.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 49
  • vmax update bleededing 433.jpg
    vmax update bleededing 433.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 50
  • vmax update bleededing 448.jpg
    vmax update bleededing 448.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 59
  • vmax update bleededing 453.jpg
    vmax update bleededing 453.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 50
Gave her a bath and took her out for a 150 mile run. Loving SC more and more every day!

Sent from my LG G3

Removed radiator and starter from my 85, found both mounting bolts were backed out, explains the hard starting issue, bike was bought if I remember right back in September and I rode it just once 20 miles to my house, brought it inside for the winter. Been rebuilding a 93 Goldwing since then, so I'm going through this one completely, scrubbed bike down, decreased everything, drained oil, now inspecting wiring to see if key issues such as the crimp has already been done.

Ongoing project to give my Max some personality. First super bike bars from Sean. Bar end mirror from China, new grips, tank pad, and last but not least a name, 'Thor'. It also is the name of an MX team so the decal was cheap :clapping:

Attachments

• tmp.JPG
    tmp.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 49
I removed the carb rack on my 94 today, noticed carbon build up in the intake, not much but any suggestion on removing it without yanking the heads?

Geoff

New covers came in Mr. Morley did them for me. Me so happy.. Now gas sending unit next, my koso speedometer his a built in gauge. And then maybe 17" rear wheel.

My wife made me come back inside to rest on the couch told me to stop freaky missing with stuff and get some sleep. Man i hope she leave's so I can finish up the covers on the bike. She even took the keys to the truck because i went over to the post office to ship a box out. :confused2:

Attachments

• vmax update bleededing 010.jpg
    vmax update bleededing 010.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 41
  • vmax update bleededing 017.jpg
    vmax update bleededing 017.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 41
  • vmax update bleededing 019.jpg
    vmax update bleededing 019.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 43
Painted the engine with VHT black epoxy, repainted the aluminum fins and sections on valve covers. Installed for now the reconditioned 2 pole starter with an improved internal ground, installed a supplemental 6 gauge ground wire from starter bolt to the pc680 battery, will be installing a 4 gauge new starter cable in the morning.

If absolutely any problems occur after this I'm getting a new 4 pole. I finished making a new 3 wire soldered and heat shrink wrapped harness from the stator to the mosfet regulator now moved up where the V boost controller was, made new cables from it to battery.

Detailed the front exhaust heat flange that bolts to the block back to its black and aluminum color. Used high heat ceramic paint from Duplicolor. Welded what looks like somebody trying to cut the exhaust pipe with a grinder, had a slot cut about an inch long, cleaned it up and smoothed it out, cleaning up some shade tree electrical mods by the PO and removing junk wiring. Hardest part of cleaning this bike was getting a ton of asphalt out of the radiator and the front and bottom of the engine. Going back to original as much as I can with very subtle upgrades.

Made 1" extension on Vrod headlight brackets to make room for HID conversion

Attachments

• 20141219_205920.jpg
    20141219_205920.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20141219_205851.jpg
    20141219_205851.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20141219_203421.jpg
    20141219_203421.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20141219_203408.jpg
    20141219_203408.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 40
Man I sold that fucker to a forum member as a project last weekend. But these forums are still the most interesting and friendly. The triumph forums a admin-ed by a bunch of British tighy assed censorship happy assholes Who "put on women's clothing and hang around in bars". They'd delete most of this place.

Back