What are these parts and where do they go??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, this isn't the part Eric's showing. His appears to be mounted on a steel pin and has a shoulder on both ends. Mine is solid with one shoulder the end with the shoulder has an impression about 3/8" across it where something had been bearing on it.

Hafta wait for a storm to pass to get it from the basement for more pics later.

Well I am nearly done with putting my Vmax back together after a pretty good strip-down to rebuild carbs and chackinnge fuel tank.

I have a couple rubber parts that I would like advice as to their placement. One is a round, stepped rubber plug and the other is an angled piece with metal clips. Pretty sure the angled one fits somewhere under the right (maybe the left) cowling. The plug I have no clue.

I don't wanna button up too far to find I have to dismantle to put these back in.

Amy advice appreciated. Here's a pic.View attachment 45453
Can ANYone give advise or just AMY?

As far as the rubber plug, could it be for under the steering head ? I'm thinking about greasing my steering head bearings and think there is supposed to be a plug under the steering head. Mine is missing and this is just an uneducated guess :biglaugh:

I'd have to see another angle on the small rubber part. The larger rubber part is attached to the bottom front of the right hand scoop and has one of the tabs from the water shield under the electronics that fits into it.

If there is an approx 1/4" hole in the rubber part then it likely goes on a nub on the frame just behind the coolant plastic. The right neck cover rear portion pops over that to hold it in place.

Sean

Hey thanks, I have the large part in place. I am familiar with the right neck cover frame lug, and this plug has no hole to let it fit there.

I am thinking it may be an errant part from some other machine in my basement.

Back