removing oil pan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. The pipes have to come off. I have a couple of nice, newley powder coated pans, ulteasonicly cleaned and reay to go on. If your interested? Why are you dropping the pan?

Pan is not the problem... I was removing clutch to check on my segment. When i removed the ball behind the screw holding the clutch basket dropped it in the oil pan. Drained the oil, looked with flash light, tried magnet etc can t find it. Wont take the chance of starting the engine knowing it in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will a pic of the inside of a pan help you out? Lots of places for the ball to hide. I'd suggest an E-BAY endoscope. It's got a light on it. Plugs into the usb port of a lap top. You should be able to remove the oil level sender to give you more searching room.

Been there with a different problem. Gird your loins and start removing the exhaust system.

Removing the exhaust is not a problem . but man do I hate putting this thing back on . Never seems to line up right. last itme I just brought it to the shop and told them do deal with it. :-(.

Back