Keanu Reeves and his motorcycle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn. Another V-twin. Snnnnnnnnooooooorrrrrreeeeeee.

I like so much of of the lines and execution of this bike. It was made exclusive for a reason I guess. There are so many bikes that do everything better for so much less.
All I need to look cool is a Triumph Hurricane honestly.

Very nice parts list, bolt the front end and swingarm/ rear suspension on a Gen1 and BAM you have a very expensive Gen1!:biglaugh: At least you'd have a Vmax engine.:eusa_dance:

Not bad, though I would do certain things different. One big thing would be the foot controls. I do NOT care for my feet being stuck way forward like that, and some bikes I cannot even ride, the controls are that forward. (betting this one is right at the limits of me being able to reach the pegs)

Too bad about the price... I could buy a house for that much.

You could buy a used Buell for about $3500 that would probably do most things better than that bike.

Just saying.

pvm_buell3.jpg

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw it earlier in the week......that it looks like a Buell that someone made a chopper/bobber out of.

reevebuell2.jpg

Well, he's got the dosh and that's how he chose to spend it. I don't think there will be that-many people who are willing to drop that $ on one of those. The market will prove me right, or wrong.

To me, it's a "because I can" bike. "Money is no-object," as is said.

the tank alone takes some 66 hours to carve out of a giant 534-pound block of billet

Now, why on-earth would you want to invest that kind of time and $ in something that could probably be fabricated by a metal craftsman on an English wheel and using a TIG welder in probably less time? That's eight+ days of work. I'm not too-sure about the cost of computer-aided-manufacturing, but I suspect that $120/hour is probably on the low side. That would be $7,920 for machining, not-counting that massive piece of AL. For the same $ you could probably get six hand-formed tanks. That's $1320 apiece. Outsource it to India or some other Asian manufacturer (I'm trying to avoid the Ch...-word) and that would probably be cut in-half.

I dunno, I like the looks but I just don't think it would be that comfortable to ride or to screw-open the throttle after awhile. Isn't an S&S just their version of a H-D EVO? Lotta vibration, no counterbalancer, but ya sure got two things to brag-about:

• an excellent line of credit or a pile of disposable cash
  • you're never gonna see yourself on the other side of the intersection

Looks like a vintage Yamaha gas tank!

Why not just buy a Buell? I suppose if you had a big pile of stuff lying-around you wanted to use-up...

00s0s_9S2zu5GFMYI_600x450.jpg

I like it.
The seat kind of reminds me of a diavel
I'm curious if they are building the motors up or?? Those engines can be fun if you put the right parts in them.
Too bad the price is totally outrageous.

Kyle, are you talking about K Reeve's bike, or the parts-mix from Tampa CL?

This has a way different look than a buell much cooler to me. Just my opinion

Latest posts

Back