SA (situation awareness)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a bit of a scare on the way to my niece's yesterday afternoon; was driving my car south on Berea Rd, just about 20yds from the BP gas station, when this idiot in an old Ford truck decides to make a left turn in front of me! Mind you I'm not speeding and was doing about 45mph, but for me to have to nail the brakes and swerve to the left to avoid hitting the right quarter panel of his crappy truck really irked me. I mean, come on, you couldn't wait three or four seconds before making that lousy turn??? Thank God, being a prior service military guy, I practice SA(situation awareness) while riding or driving, so I really wasn't caught off guard. Oh yeah, I also had the presence of mind to nail the horn and while that was occurring, gave the putz the old "Whatsamattawithyou" backhand gesture(not the bird)!! Geese! I hate stupid drivers!!!

Glad to hear your OK. People just aren't paying attention anymore, doesn't matter if it's city or rural. Morons.

I'm glad you got out of that in one piece Frank. The road can be a dangerous place for us that use it for our favorite activity.
One thing that's very noticeable to drivers is lighting up the reflectors on the radiator covers. I'm glad I finally did it, as well as the rear reflector. Even during the day the LED's are every bright. With all the upgrades available, no excuse for not having good stopping power. Stiffening up the forks helps braking too. The safer the better.
Steve

I've been adding bright lights to both my bikes latley. Put a 12 LED light where the reflector is located behind the seat( It's really bright) to act as an extra brake light. Added two pods of 8 LED's each to the back of the Valkyire, up high on the back rest. ( They constantly flash when the brake is on.
Both bikes have Kasan Pathblaser headlight modulators and tail light modulators.

BUT It's NOT ENOUGHfor some of these dim-whitted cagers!!!

Lew

Back