Put the Max to bed today..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Finished the season with 129,080 miles on the odo. Best thing done to it this season was installing the headlight relays. Best moment of the season was seeing Ian pull into the Day's Inn in Somerset at Thunder. I admit was a wreck waiting for him to get there.. Scariest moment was watching him pull out on a test ride of a Gen2 at Thunder, which worked out great. Sold Kathy's scooter, a bummer. But she's on the back with me, cool! I figure to keep the Roadie out for another few weeks, so it's not totally over. And, only 150 days till Spring!

Yea, the thoughts of the season ending are here too. Lot's of stuff planned for the off season. By Novenber I'll be done riding and doing off season stuff to her. I want to be on the road early this spring.
Steve-o

Been doing the same thing this weekend. Started gettng both my Vmax and my wife's Radian ready for the off season.

Went for a ride to add some seafoam and fill the tank. Changed the oil and oil filters in both bikes.

That's as far as I got for today.

Mike

Will still be riding on weekends for a while here.......but the days they are a numbered :snow:

But if it wasn't for the off-seasons I wouldn't get any of my maintenance never mind upgrades done while too busy riding.

Finished the season with 129,080 miles on the odo. Best thing done to it this season was installing the headlight relays. Best moment of the season was seeing Ian pull into the Day's Inn in Somerset at Thunder. I admit was a wreck waiting for him to get there.. Scariest moment was watching him pull out on a test ride of a Gen2 at Thunder, which worked out great. Sold Kathy's scooter, a bummer. But she's on the back with me, cool! I figure to keep the Roadie out for another few weeks, so it's not totally over. And, only 150 days till Spring!

Down to 149 already! :surprise: Man....I gotta get busy!! :punk: :biglaugh:

Yeah, season's winding down here too....doing the BRC leaf pick-up detail now which works out to 50 - 60 loads of mulched leaves, 37 cu ft/load....lots o' friggin' leaves! :biglaugh:

Should have that wrapped up by the end of the month (if I don't roll the tractor over again :bang head:) then it's in the shop for the winter. :clapping:

Down to 149 already! :surprise: Man....I gotta get busy!! :punk: :biglaugh:

Yeah, season's winding down here too....doing the BRC leaf pick-up detail now which works out to 50 - 60 loads of mulched leaves, 37 cu ft/load....lots o' friggin' leaves! :biglaugh:

Should have that wrapped up by the end of the month (if I don't roll the tractor over again :bang head:) then it's in the shop for the winter. :clapping:

Get that little septic problem squared away yet?

Get that little septic problem squared away yet?

I did Mike, ran a new line and all seems good....then the hot water supply line blew up last night....good damn thing Heidi & I were standing in the kitchen when it happened! Water wasn't running, hadn't been running....it just fuckin' blew!

Just a heads up....if you got this kind of supply line take a look at the braided s/s occasionally for signs of corrosion.

Sorry for the hi-jack Bill....but Mike started it!! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 35
Same principle as SS braided brake lines! :confused2:

I used to do all my service connections to fixtures in soft copper & compression fittings, but the poly/SS lines are just so-much quicker. There are lines which shut-down in the event of a line rupture, not-sure on how they 'know,' but it could save you from a flood and much collateral damage if the faulty line is on an upper floor.

Less-than a week-ago at work a 2" H2O supply line failed in a brand-new ~$30 million medical training laboratory. The building had been just turned-over at the beginning of Sept. by the contractor, who happens to be an NFL Hall of Fame Miami Dolphins member. Of-course it caused major damage to the electronics on the two floors below the leak. The top floor is just classrooms, but they have Apple instructional podiums and projection displays and smartboards. Tomorrow the entire wall for the simulation lab is being opened to assess the extent of damage. These guys also got drenched: http://www.laerdal.com/us/harvey#/Info

Yes, good advice, to check your water closet and sink connections for corrosion and intactness! A good thing you caught it early. Don't forget the clothes washer connection too.

I did Mike, ran a new line and all seems good....then the hot water supply line blew up last night....good damn thing Heidi & I were standing in the kitchen when it happened! Water wasn't running, hadn't been running....it just fuckin' blew!

Just a heads up....if you got this kind of supply line take a look at the braided s/s occasionally for signs of corrosion.

Sorry for the hi-jack Bill....but Mike started it!! :biglaugh:

Yea, the thoughts of the season ending are here too. Lot's of stuff planned for the off season. By Novenber I'll be done riding and doing off season stuff to her. I want to be on the road early this spring.
Steve-o

Season? There's a season? Am I gonna get a ticket for riding all year? Honest, Officer, I didn't know there was a season!

So sad some of you guys have to "put your bike to bed"
Hell Our "season" is just getting good!

Probly should be a season on you 'year round' guys....rubbing it in to us poor schmucks stuck up on the glaciers!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

JK, actually I like it here.....probly like it better in CA tho. :blink000:

Edit.......Or FL.

Thank God I like to SKI. Living 11 minutes from Mt Rose resort and not all that far from all the others at Lake Tahoe eases the withdrawl of not having the boost from the V-max for a few months.:biglaugh:
Lew

Thank God I like to SKI. Living 11 minutes from Mt Rose resort and not all that far from all the others at Lake Tahoe eases the withdrawl of not having the boost from the V-max for a few months.:biglaugh:
Lew

You must live around Reno, Carson City or Virginia City. I am in El Dorado, just out of Placerville, on the other side of the mountains. We should get together for a ride sometime. I know most of the good roads between Yosemite and Susanville. Bring spouse and/or friends.

I'm just a few miles from Mt. Rose----- We could meet at South Shore/ Tahoe. Do Logan and Monitor pass. You could bo back over 108 and I'd buzz back on 395. 108 sure is pretty though. If my wife came along I'd be on the Valkyire and we would have to do a different route as she won't gove over Monitor Pass ( Vertigo). But Lunch in Tahoe sounds good.

Lew
PS: Wife just told me that they have started to make snow at Mt. Rose.( They had a few inches of new snow last night:eusa_dance: )

Last edited:
Big winter project for the '85 is replace steering head bearings, and save up a bit of cash to get a set of Delkevics... Not sure which ones yet, I like all of them over the 30 year old dented stock pipes on the bike now...

Back