Looking like Winter is coming!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
We have all sorts of Lake Effect Snow warnings up here near Buffalo. I've been to the grocery store and am stocked up for whatever weather hits. Snowblower ready to go, car has snow tires on and full tank.

I'm retired, let it snow!

Im a year or so from being retired,But damn sure slowing down.A lil over a year from turning 62.Gonna be in the teens friday morn.This cold weather hurts nowadays,Mabye a few flurries,Not much else.Stay warm bill

Stay safe! Theyre calling for 8" here on Sun. I think ill be found drifting my truck around the high school parking lot to get "reaquainted" with winter vehicle control, lol. Hell, i might even bust out a kite and my snowboard if wind and snow allow for it, lol.

It was 2 deg when I woke up this morning. No significant snow but looking forward to it. I can work if I want or I can turn it away if it's to much trouble to get into town. If I need to go anywhere I have an unstoppable modded Samurai.

More than likely I'll leave the keys on the hook, throw another log in the fire, get a hot tea and break out my favorite Savinelli. I'm close enough to a medical retirement I can justify this.

The pool is down to the 70's F., I've been raking leaves, and it's sometimes cool-enough we can turn-off the A-C, and open the eighteen feet of NANAWALL doors onto the pool deck. Gonna use the Caja China come Noche Buena for a roast pig, the cooking is as-much part of the holiday as-is the time in church Dec. 25. http://www.lacajachina.com/ Proudly made in the USA, no need to 'make America great' again, this Miami FL product makes a great, tasty roast of whatever you put into it.

Batten down the hatches, boys, I spent 1/3 of my life in the snow belt, there's a reason I chose to be one degree of latitude above the Tropic of Cancer now. And it has to do with frozen precipitation. Be careful if you have to go out, and carry a survival kit in your vehicle if you get stranded.

Bike shots are Daytona Bike Week, at Boxenstopp's, (RIP Joe) in Holly Hill and east of State Road A1A/Atlantic Ocean.

Who's who at Boxenstopp, forum members, including Rons09, Marcus (see below) and yours truly.

The pic is of Marcus Hickman's carbs after he won his class at the Wyotech Horsepower Shootout at Daytona Bike Week.

Winter is great in South Florida, year-round riding!

Attachments

• April 2015 Iphone 479.jpg
    April 2015 Iphone 479.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 16
  • MI-Ancona-mcy- 064.jpg
    MI-Ancona-mcy- 064.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 17
  • MI-Ancona-mcy- 026.jpg
    MI-Ancona-mcy- 026.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 18
  • MI-Ancona-mcy- 031.jpg
    MI-Ancona-mcy- 031.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Boxenstopp guys.01.jpg
    Boxenstopp guys.01.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Marcus Hickman's carbs.01.JPG
    Marcus Hickman's carbs.01.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 21
  • MI-Ancona-mcy- 016.jpg
    MI-Ancona-mcy- 016.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 16
Gonna be filling the wood rack and staying inside just really hating cold weather makes me fell stiff anymore ..

+1, since I copped an onset of Fibromyalgia a few years ago extreme cold and extreme heat have been rough. This cold stiffens me right the hell up.

Every place I have been with mild or no winters was seriously overpopulated.
The Dakotas have ~ 10 people/sq mi. WY and MT are most favorable at around 6. CA has around 250, FL 350. It would have to get a whole lot colder than -5 to push me back to the west coast!

The obvious solution is a couple acres in NM for the winter months, which is still pretty livable at around 15ppl/sq mi. I'm actually liking this idea quite a bit.

Getting away from it all is nice, but staying away from it all is priceless! :clapping:

BUMMER I used to live in Falconer NY about 1.5 from Buffalo. My mom still lives up there she got about 18inches last night and still getting more. I now live in NC dont miss all the crappy weather up there. You guys need to move South. HA HA

Well my plans changed I did fill the wood rack up but gonna head out earlier am and do some bear hunting in the mountains of Madison Va where president Hoover had his camp david of 1940's . Gonna be a bit chilly low 20's with 8 mph winds..but no snow

Back