stage 1 or 7 jet kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put it all back to stock. Don't sweat the drilled slides.
90's in the top
170's in the sides
152.5's in the bottom

Sean

While we're on the topic, Mr. Morley, what would you recommend for one of Mark's 4-1 Stainless full header with a Supertrapp on the end? Thanks.

With a Kerker 4 into 1 system what kind of HP gain (midrange and on top) would you expect to see with the Morey muscle kit?

Would it be best to change the 2 inch baffle for the 2.5 one with the muscle kit?

The 2" or the 2.5" will flow fine. The most volume and noise is of course with the larger baffle. Power won't be a huge difference between those. Depending on how well the bike was tuned with and without the kit will give anywhere from 6-10 hp gain. It's also hard to gauge the power difference by a chart. You'd have to ride one to understand the difference.

The biggest thing is that we KEEP the midrange that is normally lost with a full header.

Sean

Some questions?? I have an 85 Max with SuperTrapps (no end caps) - running rough.
Carbs have been cleaned and balanced over this past winter.
Needles have just been shimmed runs a little better...
I am putting the end caps back on to see if the added back pressure helps.

What I am reading here is - dont bother with a stage 1. ?
Suggestions?
Sean - should i put in diff main jets?

thx

Hi Sean,
I've got a 89 max with UFO header/classic mufflers, I was looking at the dj7 kit with 4 K&N pods, any kit I look at needs to come in from the states as there is nothing in new Zealand ( except sheep and FAST boats) for the max. Do you do a kit that suits? Would I still need to get it dyno tuned? The guys at UFO reckon they have a set of guides for setting it all up that is pretty tight.
Many thx
Ben

Hi Sean,
I've got a 89 max with UFO header/classic mufflers, I was looking at the dj7 kit with 4 K&N pods, any kit I look at needs to come in from the states as there is nothing in new Zealand ( except sheep and FAST boats) for the max. Do you do a kit that suits? Would I still need to get it dyno tuned? The guys at UFO reckon they have a set of guides for setting it all up that is pretty tight.
Many thx
Ben
I'd say yes to the dyno if you want it set up quickly and well, by someone else. And, have plenty of $$ to pay for it all. All bikes can be a little different in the tuning department. It does require time and effort to get them to run the way you want, using the old fashioned methods of plug chop read, exhaust, seat of the pants. I took my crabs apart so many times when I started, they should have had zippers on them.
All good tuning starts with a valve clearance check, compression check, clean carbs, correct float level, and an ignition system in good shape. When all of these things are right, a stock Vmax will be very quick.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back